PDA

View Full Version : Expat Pilots in Asia

A320_Callum
15th Mar 2010, 01:22
I'm completing my FATPL and im starting to look at the job market and the market in Asia compared to Europe is relatively prosperous. The chap that taught my PPL worked for Cathay Pacific for 15 years and informs me as a non national it can prove difficult in Asia for Expat Pilots. It surely cant be impossible, has anyone also been looking into much depth on this?

FMGCS
15th Mar 2010, 05:49
He is right actually. Plenty of local guys here in Asia finishing the same course as you. So they have preference over expats. Only expat captains are hired directly from overseas to fill up the gaps. But then again, there are exceptions of course and nothing is impossible. Just a bit more difficult I guess. You need to be at the right time at the right place. Things are definitely looking prosperous in the near future. Tiger Airways and/or Jetstar might be your luck.

Wishing you good luck.

lowandslow2006
16th Mar 2010, 15:25
Question,
How does it look for a 10,000 hour pilot who has a passport/citizenship from a ASEAN country to work within SE Asia.
Thanks

dilordzklub
16th Mar 2010, 17:13
Can someone help with the names of Airlines or companies that recruit cadet or people intrested in becoming a plot.or the cheapest and good pilot school in the world...Thanks

Cruiseclimb
16th Mar 2010, 17:23
I know many of the SE Asian airlines need pilots, but the politics of the there regulatory organizations tend to fight allowing expats pilots in. Indonesia is a classic example. They need pilots, but their DCGA is really making it difficult... Long list of problems there.

kwaiyai
18th Mar 2010, 03:53
Bang On Cruise climb, Latest for me is have to supply letter from Police saying no criminal record for starts. DCA Thailand was a mare as well, constantly changing there regs, one time I got 30 day extension cos they decided my ATPL was a validation after accepting it:confused: