PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic

Pat avation
14th Mar 2010, 15:51
Hi all,
I was hoping to get some advice about the Virgin apprenticeship scheme. I would love the opportunty to join the company but i do have a slight issue.

The requirements are 4 GCSE minimum of C grade including Maths,Science and English Language but I haven't taken my GCSE's yet. On the positve side I have got a 'B' grade in Maths and 'A' grade in IT and a 'C' grade in Science due to me taking early entry. Therefore im only missing a minimum of 'C' grade in Enlish, but im predicted to get a C/B grade.
Also I did send a letter of interest last year. I was hoping that somebody could give me some advice on whether I would accepted into the first stage of the recruitment under these circumstances.

Thank you

vs69
14th Mar 2010, 19:18
Why not ring recruitment at Virgin and ask them as they will be the best people to ask?

spannersatcx
14th Mar 2010, 22:28
Any apprenticeship or job for that matter that is offered would be subject to you gaining the minimum qualifications.

My son was offered an apprentice technicians position with BMW, the letter stated subject to.......... fortunately he exceedced what they wanted and has recently completed his apprenticeship.

So if you did get through the selection process it would still be subject to the qualifications.

You would need to make contact again as your letter most probably would not of been retained. Might also be worth looking at others in that region who also do apprenticeships, as putting all your eggs in one basket is not a good idea.

Flyboy543
17th Mar 2010, 17:40
Having completed the Virgin entry exams and inteview last year, only to be told they are not taking anybody on that year I feel I can give you a bit of advice here.

They may invite you to sit the entry tests and so on based on your predicted grades and offer you a position subject to you acheiving those grades required. They also mentioned having a few 'reserve' people should anybody turn down their offer or doesn't achieve their predicted grades. Best idea is to give them a bell and see what they have to say.

I also hear that Thomas Cook will be looking for apprentices to start in September so may be worth keeping an eye out for them too.

jpoth06
17th Mar 2010, 18:32
British Airways are also taking on 90 apprentices this year.