PDA

View Full Version : Watching Online Sports on my Telly?

Sikpupi
14th Mar 2010, 10:59
Hi... I see (here in Ireland) that Setanta Sports is FREE online as part of Eircom broadband. So I watch a match on my PC I presume without subscribing to full Setanta service.

My TV (Plasma) is in the same room...and I am wondering if I could connect the TV to the PC and watch the match on the TV screen instead of the 17inch PC monitor??

Can it be done.....??? What would I need?

Regards

Sikky

Sprogget
14th Mar 2010, 11:08
It should be easy enough depending on your pc and your telly.

Have a look on the back of the pc & work out what outputs you have. All pc's will have a vga output, but you may have a dvi or even an hdmi output, it all comes down to the spec and the age of the machine. Then have a look on your telly & see what inputs you've got. If you have a modern lcd or plasma, your tv should have a dvi or hdmi input, many will also have a vga pc input,
Hdmi (high definition media input) is best as it will carry audio and video. DVI will carry video only so you will need to add an output for the audio too & vga I think only does video although I stand to be corrected on that.

If you search on google images for the various types of input/output, you will see what hdmi, dvi and vga sockets look like, assuming you're not sure - then it's just a case of buying a cable to connect the two. It's easy to buy hybrid cables, or adapters so that for example you can use hdmi to dvi etc. After that, you just have to tun your telly to the pc source & you're off and running.

Sikpupi
14th Mar 2010, 11:24
Thanks Sprogget... thats got me started. At least I now know that it can be done.!!!