PDA

View Full Version : BA Central London Check-In

19th Mar 2002, 18:14
I'm off to Jo'burg in a couple of weeks, wondering if anyone has used the check-in at Paddington. . .. .Is it convenient/worth it? . .How long before the flight can you check in?. .. .Appreciate any info, as there's nothing on BA's website regarding this!. .. .Thanks in adv

The_Banking_Scot
19th Mar 2002, 23:23
Hi 5150,. .. .I've used it a lot of times and it is great. ( Flying with BA and Bmi british midland). The queues are generally much shorter and you do not need to worry about carrying your luggage around Heathrow.. .. .I think It opens at 6am and and you can check in at any time up to 2 hours prior to departure so you could check in first thing in the morning and have a full day without your luggage bfore going to Heathrow for the evening flight.. .. .Hope this helps.

Billy Bunter
20th Mar 2002, 14:42
I seem to remember reading in the last week or so that either BA or bmi are closing their Paddington check-in at then end of March.. .. .It seems to be an expensive facility to maintain & quite a liability managing a secure baggage transfer.. .. .Anyone care to confirm or deby?

ST.CRISPIN
20th Mar 2002, 15:33
Dont know about BMI but BA are staying in Paddington but are closing the travel shop and Checkin facility in London Victoria due to cuts in Gatwick services. Paddington might even be increased in fact. I can't imagine BMI closing there either as it's a well used facility for them and Star codeshares.

20th Mar 2002, 18:33
Thank you chaps.. .. .Think I'll give it a go now! (Providing it's still there!). .. .Cheers for now

chrishowley
20th Mar 2002, 19:11
Think I read on the BA website (press releases) that they were planning to add 4 new desks at the Paddington check in (as well as closing Gatwick).

Billy Bunter
20th Mar 2002, 21:47
Ah, rusty brain at my age, may well have been Gatwick that I was thinking of.. .. .That said, the times I've been to Paddington, it's always been pretty quiet.

FO Walrus
26th Mar 2002, 15:54
BA are also trialling check in machines at London hotels. Apparently the same machines as used at the airport where you can do your own seat allocation. Not sure about the luggage.

Taildragger67
26th Mar 2002, 16:34
If you're in the BA Exec Club (no matter what tier), you can check in by phone or online. Online c-in works from 24hrs before departure, phone is from 15.00 the previous day. I fly a fair bit and always use these facilities, then collect my boarding pass/dump bags at Paddington. Lots less stress, normally never more than 2 people in the queue and if you've done the net or phone thing, you've already got your seat assigned. Have fun in the sun.