PDA

View Full Version : Wake up time!

Onions
18th Mar 2002, 15:35
Flew from Bangkok to Heathrow on QF1 on Sunday morning. Upon being woken for breakfast along with the other few hundred people in Economy (paying with my own money so had to turn right on boarding! Very strange) I asked the Steward how long until we land. The answer was about 4 hours! . .. .Why when most of the passengers are asleep on an overnight flight with an arrival time of 6.20 am local do the crew or operator want to wake up everybody with 4 hours left and only a rather poor IFE system to entertain them?. .. .Anyone care to comment??. .. .All I know is that I was not amused at being woken up for a in-edible breakfast rather than sleeping for another hour or two!

The_Banking_Scot
18th Mar 2002, 22:48
Hi,. .. .On my recent Virgin Atlantic transatlantic flights, the lights come on for breakfast around 2 hours to 90 minutes prior to landing

Patagonia
19th Mar 2002, 02:39
I'd fly BA on that route in future then as they had us awake between 60 & 90 mins before landing. Actually left them in a bit of a rush to finish things up before arrival, but more (potential) sleep time for us pax.

Pom Pax
16th Apr 2002, 07:05
Consider what most people do on wakeing up. the line up down the back on a full flight can take most of that 4 hours to clear.
Consider your system reckons its 9.30 in Bangers, 10.30 in Perth and lunch time for the othersiders, all now overdue for a good clear out.