PDA

View Full Version : Best airline to Orlando(economy class)

adfly
13th Mar 2010, 11:48
I was just wondering who offers the best service in economy class to Orlando(MCO and SFB) from Gatwick? By best service I mean value, legroom, cleanliness, frequency, punctuality.

neilgeddes
13th Mar 2010, 13:04
Got to be Virgin Atlantic every time :)

AliB
13th Mar 2010, 19:10
Been to Orlando with Virgin from Gatwick three times - once Economy and twice Premium (once someone else paid :ok:) - pleased with them on all occasions.

If during school holidays the flights and airport are packed, but all airlines will have that problem. Move to the satellite from the main terminal as soon as you can and things quieten down a little.

The 744s they use are a little worn but reasonable. Two flights a day I think - that may have changed. All arrived early of on time with me on board.

Cabin crew can be a little stretched with so many kids excited about meeting Mickey - but they do a good job if you are patient.

Worth the upgrade to Premium if you can - assuming they have not changed it you get to go upstairs on the 747 and there is much more space and fewer screaming kids (unless you bring your own :)).

Have fun whoever you go with.

adfly
13th Mar 2010, 20:04
We have already booked with VS and have used them twice before, I just want to see how they and other airlines compare on this route!. But as I said I have used them before on this route and overall they are good, the only issue with some of the 744's is the fact that they are in need of the cabin refit(hoping this will be done by the time I go!) and of course the screaming kids-there is no escaping those no matter who you go with!!
Also used BA once on the LHR-MIA route, newer interior and an AVOD system gave them the edge over VS and there were no screaming kids:), but then that is from LHR. BA and Virgin don't seem to care about their LGW bases as much as precious LHR!! Anyway keep the posts coming!

man friday
14th Mar 2010, 08:24
Used BA a number of times and thoroughly enjoyed the flights/in flight service.

Just a shame about the customer service experience!

Rusland 17
14th Mar 2010, 11:03
Used BA a number of times and thoroughly enjoyed the flights/in flight service.

Just a shame about the customer service experience!If you enjoyed the flights and in-flight service, why did you need customer services? Just wondering...

wowzz
18th Mar 2010, 10:32
You could also fly BA to Tampa from LGW. Fewer kids, reasonable AVOD and Tampa has no other international flights arriving at the same time as the BA flight, so the immigration process is a little less fraught.

man friday
18th Mar 2010, 11:43
Rusland 17,

BA took the liberty of cancelling a connecting flight through LGW and rebooking me on a LHR flight.

Needless to say i wasn't best pleased at the prospect of lugging the wife and kids across london at my own expense!

BA eventually coughed up the cost of the transfer.

No snags at all with the flights/in flight service itself, just felt a tad let down by the customer service experience/ordeal!!