PDA

View Full Version : Some dirt on Airtours please

c130jbloke
24th Jul 2001, 22:58
To All,

I am looking for some info on the above company to help back up a claim I am chaseing them for after an 11.5 hr delay and aggro on my flight from LGW to Faro in June. I dont have a problem with the delay (fact of life on the "J" !) but what has really got my goat is that after getting a verbal agreement out of the duty manager to meet my costs for the hotel, taxis etc they have not even bothered to give me a reply to my letters.
To explain further I could not hang around for AT to sort out the above as both the 5 month pregnant wife and 2 yr old daughter had had enough of Gatwick south after 7 hours of delay and excuses.
What I am looking for is an address of the Airtours boss (and a name if you can), so I can let him know that there is a bunch of muppets working in his customer services dept. Also if there is any way I can bring pressure to bare through IATA or similar ?. I would be most greatful for any replies. BTW once we finally got to the plane the crew were fantastic.

Many thanks for your help. :p

chiglet
24th Jul 2001, 23:50
C130
1, Try Travel Agent, aka First Contact
2, try Holiday Insurance
3, Look in the phone book, OR the brochure, and phone Airtours direct........or the Citizens Advice Centre,or anyone else. Sorry pal, seen it, done it, AND bought the blinking "T"shirt BUT and I repeat, BUT
THIS IS NOT A FLAMING WHINGE SITE!!!!!
You have a problem? fine BUT do NOT air it here!
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

flypastpastfast
25th Jul 2001, 15:57
Good luck with airtours, usually corporate address is on brochures in small print at back page, the name of the MD is public information and could be obtained from company annual report or investors report etc.. You could try phoning the head office and just asking who the MD is - as I say it's public info.

Hope that helps

Chiglet - I don't think it is up to you what gets posted - or are you as important as you think you are? The guy had a legit question and this is a forum for SLF.

Julian
2nd Aug 2001, 11:20
Well said.

Dont work for them yourself do you Chiglet?? :)

spannerhead
5th Aug 2001, 10:15
Chiglet
First time I have ever visited this forum and I dont believe your post????
I'm sure you'd hold your ground in one of the pilots forums.
Wont come here again unless I got some back up