PDA

View Full Version : Windows Live Mail

BOAC
12th Mar 2010, 21:52
With the cessation of support for Outlook Express, I would appreciate any comments pro or anti for Windows live Mail.

Sprogget
12th Mar 2010, 23:01
S'ok, not too much of a remove from outlook. Works the same way as oex, the address folders are different, but intruth, from a user perspective, I think you'll slide on in quite comfortably.

Plus, it's an email client - if you don't like it, there's no shortage of alternatives.:ok:

BOAC
13th Mar 2010, 07:20
Thanks for the re-assurance Sp - a first look at the layout came as a shock to a 'conservative' 'puter chap. You know what change can do to the elderly - even underpants every Friday is getting too much.:)

I gather that I have to leave me old faithful OE if I move to 7.

toolowtoofast
13th Mar 2010, 07:28
I too liked the old Outlook Express, but had to suck it up with Windows Live - it's OK once you get used to it. Never did figure out how to import my contacts into it though....

Capetonian
13th Mar 2010, 09:40
I preferred the old version, it somehow seemed more 'solid'. I also don't like that with OE, if you had several accounts, emails from all of them could go into one inbox, with Live Mail they go into separate folders. I know there is a consolidated view for 'unread mails' but I still don't like it.

homesick rae
13th Mar 2010, 10:20
Yes, I prefer Outlook or OE. I'd like to edit my signature using different fonts etc and it doesn't allow that which annoys me. Otherwise - perfectably acceptable IMHO.

BOAC
13th Mar 2010, 10:55
tltf - look at the help pages - it will tell you, and it works.