PDA

View Full Version : Humberside BP/Conoco

manfromuncle
12th Mar 2010, 20:23
What happened to the Humberside BP thread?

Pontius Pirate
12th Mar 2010, 21:33
dee dums...has someone spat their dummy and had it removed!! I hope the bristows guys are currently well fed and watered cos from what I hear they wont be come 1st Sept!!:mad:

Senior Pilot
12th Mar 2010, 21:43
The thread was deleted by the originator.

stan27
12th Mar 2010, 23:03
Why?????????? what happens on the 1st of september?

Hoppit
13th Mar 2010, 06:32
I hope the bristows guys are currently well fed and watered cos from what I hear they wont be come 1st Sept!

Not sure why you say that, haven't Bristows won the BP contract from CHC? Or do you know something else? :suspect:

Macaco Norte
13th Mar 2010, 09:16
praps wot e means is that Bristows r used ta't crusts cut off't butties luke warm mochalattes n't corners of t'newspapers ironed but wi this contract int NSNS they'll be lucky ta get latest wind.:}

902Jon
13th Mar 2010, 10:32
Bristow has won the BP contract from Humberside.
I hope the bristows guys are currently well fed and watered cos from what I hear they wont be come 1st Sept!!

BP do not feed/water crews. i.e. there is no refreshments.(Except the West Sole A who do a nice Espresso/latte).

helimutt
13th Mar 2010, 11:39
We hear Bristows always asking for sandwiches/refreshments down in the SNS ? Viking etc, but BP don't feed the crews. You might get fed from the actual offshore guys when you pick them up on an evening, but that's it.

There are now about 40 pilots looking for work wherever they can get it from 31st August 2010.:sad: Seemingly Bristows have enough pilots already.

Just hope the stress doesn't cause any incidents either on the flying side or engineering side. :eek: Thinking you're being made redundant in less than 6 months doesn't exactly keep you in the right frame of mind!:hmm:

Paul Chocks
13th Mar 2010, 12:02
What is the law regarding current employees if a contract changes management (company). Are the present employees jobs protected - I know they are in other countries.

manfromuncle
13th Mar 2010, 12:10
I don't anything official has actually been announced Re: BP humberside.

manfromuncle
13th Mar 2010, 12:12
http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/391226-tupe-north-sea-question.html

helimutt
14th Mar 2010, 08:12
Glad to see a sense of humour:ok:
Anyone got Bristows HR address for me please? :hmm:

Yonez
14th Mar 2010, 13:12
mut

Dunno for sure, heard they were on the move, but try:

Humberside Airport
Kirmington
North Lincolnshire
DN39 6YH.

:E

Yonez
14th Mar 2010, 13:15
Was gonna give ya the chief pilots No up there but affraid thats HR for Bond.:E

Banksman
14th Mar 2010, 17:06
Helimutt

Try Bristow Helicopters Ltd
Aberdeen Airport
Dyce
Aberdeen

AB21 0NT

Hummingfrog
14th Mar 2010, 18:47
Hello Helimutt

Seemingly Bristows have enough pilots already.

Where did this info come from? Surprised that Bristows have 9+ N Sea IFR 3000 hr pilots to fill the Captain/training positions plus 9 IFR N Sea experienced co-pilots who can fly for more than 2 hrs without being fed. :confused:

HF

Tractor_Driver
14th Mar 2010, 19:22
I heard that Willie Toner was coming back a a Tea Boy, to make up bait tins for the pilots.

:)

helimutt
14th Mar 2010, 21:15
Well you know what rumour mills are like!

As for Yonez, you're a funny guy! :D
I know we all like to have a bit of a laugh, but it's a bloody shame for the guys who've worked their t*ts off for the last 12-18 months off, ops, management, pilots, engineers etc trying to give the best service possible to bp, then now find themselves looking at the very real possibility of redundancy with not many opportunities available, especially if they have no other trade to fall back on. Families suffer, children suffer through school changes etc.

dieseldo
14th Mar 2010, 23:59
Rumour has it that BP are now asking for a fourth aircraft for this year. So the expectation is that the Humberside guys will work their arses off again, despite having been kicked in the nuts by BP. This will probably happen as professional people will do a professional job, which BP do not deserve.

helimutt
15th Mar 2010, 07:51
Interesting times?

chcoffshore
15th Mar 2010, 07:54
They could always wet lease from another business unit:uhoh:

AndyJB32
15th Mar 2010, 09:50
At the end of the day, BP will still need a similar number of people to service the SNS on september 1 as they did Aug 31. As far as i can see, Bristows - or any offshore company - always run quite tight on staff numbers, so don't have excess staff sitting round waiting for extra work. People may need to change company, or get a change of base (hopefully all done to suit people's requests). whatever the reasons for the change of contract, i think all the guys at humberside - pilots, engineers and ops/ground staff - can be more than pleased with the great service they've given BP over the past years.

Don't think we should be panicking quite yet.

Pullharder
15th Mar 2010, 10:07
Guys, sorry to say that Bristow's does not need anyone....we have 4 s76c++, and a back up of 3 ec155.....they are sitting in a private hanger at Norwich, along with 27 fully qualified IFR type rated P1s and P2s at home on gardening leave, and 22 engineers, 9 ops staff, a c.p. and 3 tre's and 2 ltcs.....so thanks all the same but after the 31st of aug get yourselves down the job centre in scunthorpe...
:eek:

flap flap flap
15th Mar 2010, 10:28
Guys, sorry to say that Bristow's does not need anyone....we have 4 s76c++, and a back up of 3 ec155.....they are sitting in a private hanger at Norwich, along with 27 fully qualified IFR type rated P1s and P2s at home on gardening leave, and 22 engineers, 9 ops staff, a c.p. and 3 tre's and 2 ltcs.....so thanks all the same but after the 31st of aug get yourselves down the job centre in scunthorpe...

I wouldn't take this as the truth!

lead and lag
15th Mar 2010, 10:36
I think the job centre in Grimsby has more opportunities, especially for all the extra chefs BP will require to feed the Bristows guys:ok:

Pontius Pirate
15th Mar 2010, 21:50
hopefully those nice bp chefs can rustle up some extra large doughnuts and ram them down pullharder's throat to prevent him from spouting even more sh**e!:ok:

NorthSeaTiger
15th Mar 2010, 21:57
So what has CHC actually got left on the SNS ?

NST

Wizzard
15th Mar 2010, 21:59
Quote Pullharder:

Nice to see that there's still some compassion in this industry...

W@nker!

212man
16th Mar 2010, 03:12
W@nker!

That probably explains what he's pulling....:ugh:

Heliman74
16th Mar 2010, 07:14
The loss of the BP contract for you lot could be a blessing. It will untie your hands of so many things. With BP no longer "throwing their teddy out the pram" every 5 minutes, you have so much oppurtunity to service the other customers better. How many times did the other customers get shafted because of BP throwing their weight around, and certain people treating them like they were God? **** 'em.

This may well lead to more work, especially if you manage to get a decent forward looking management team to make it work. Just think of the all the work that was turned down because BP wouldn't release an aircraft? :ugh:

Weekend charter work might even be a possibility now!:)

(PS: Would this put an end to that stupid saga of staying on base?)

Later little dudes! Surfs Up!

sox6
16th Mar 2010, 09:42
With customer service ethos like that at 'CHC UK' is it no wonder that customers are leaving to Bond, NHV and Bristow? Perhaps a few lessons can be learnt from Den Helder.;)

Heliman74
16th Mar 2010, 09:55
Customer service like what? You idiot! The guys at Humberside have bent over backwards for that customer for years. They've given them everything, pulled rabbits out of hats for them, and they still went to another operator. The service they receive is very good, and I'm sure will continue to the end.

The same happened in Aberdeen when BP didn't renew with CHC. Daily flights there more than doubled in the first couple of months after. Crews were worried, but turned out they had no need to be.

Den Helder - Customer Service?! Don't make me laugh. You lot have more strikes under your belts than a baseball match!

sox6
16th Mar 2010, 10:41
Well if the customer agreed why the thread?

Pullharder
16th Mar 2010, 12:06
sox6 you donut.......probably because the other quoted a cheaper price...nothing else...for the OTHER DONUTS that commented on my other thread.....if you knew anything about the north sea you would know it was a joke...NO OPERATER HAS LOTS OF SPARE PILOTS,ENGINEERS OR AIRCRAFT HANGING AROUND WAITING FOR WORK.. WE CAN HARDLY KEEP UP WITH THE CURRENT WORKLOAD!!!!!!!!!!:ugh:
Compassion..... I happen to have a very good friend working at Humberside,just trying to lighten the mood.....

Up Heli R
16th Mar 2010, 12:10
In my experience the cross section of pilots (and engineers) that are employed by each of the operators on the North Sea is very similar. Everyone has their own personal pride in achieving their best, whether it be for themselves or their employer; including bending over backwards and pulling rabbits out of hats. The only difference between the operators has been the competency of management; or severe lack of it in some cases.

Playing musical chairs has not always been the prerogative of CHC. Over the years employees of Bristow, BAH, BIH, Bond and BCAL have also experienced the dreaded prospect of being laid off. Don't slag off other pilots, we're all in the same boat; the problem needs to be addressed further up the company chain.

Regrettably, while there is competition in this environment we will always be subjected to the vagaries of accountants, most of whom don't care about an individuals personal circumstances, other than their own. Whether you have provided an outstanding service or not is irrelevant to them. You only have to look at the contract history for Shell, BP, Mobil and Marathon, to name a few.

dieseldo
16th Mar 2010, 13:26
The service run out of Humberside last year was an all stops out effort by the staff as everybody knew that only the best was going to be good enough to retain BP.

Humberside over an extended period was flying more flights a day with 5 aircraft than Aberdeen was with 15(?). Albeit shorter flights but each flight requires turning round. Minimum age of aircraft about 15. A huge engineering effort to achieve this with old aircraft and lack of spares.

BP is probably about 75% of Humbersides work so the loss of this contract is going to cause major disruption to a lot of lives.

The general feeling is that Bristows will fly it using Humberside as a line station so jobs actually at Humberside will be minimal.

TUPE probably does not apply as it is contract end.

SOX 6 hasn't a clue what he is talking about. W@nker is putting it mildly.

Fingers are being pointed but not in the direction of the Humberside staff, their operational performance and customer service.

lead and lag
16th Mar 2010, 16:48
look guys as someone who is in it and worried about my future I dont think the future is going to be sorted out for some time yet.. there are possibilities for us all of that I am sure - what I am not sure of is where they will be, only time will tell I guess.

Comments by certain people on here are not at all helpful, we as a group are trying to maintain our professionalism even though most of us most likely feel like telling BP where to stuff it right now.

Its going to be a s**t 5 months

:(:mad:

-272.15 degrees Cels
19th Mar 2010, 00:00
Even though Bristow pilots are (were) under the threat of redundancy, the company most likely cannot fully crew this contract. Time to get the CV in if you are already based in Humberside.
Chin up ladies and gents.

Snarlie
19th Mar 2010, 09:23
In amongst all the bottom lip trembling and foot stamping, some people seem to have overlooked the harsh truth of the real world where the client is King. A helicopter support contract is just another commercial contract, no different in essence from the cleaning company that cleans the offices or catering company that does school meals. The client defines the task and the supplier offers a service. The client will assume that the workers will bend over backwards to give the best possible service, it is up to management to work out an effective compromise between numbers and coverage within the bounds of a sensible bid. There is unlikely to be a clause to consider Captain A`s little Johnny who has just gone to a new school and has made lots of nice new friends.
BP`s actions are not new, oil companies have been seeking best value for money since they began operations, it is part of the business that many of us have chosen to be in.

Yonez
19th Mar 2010, 21:14
Snarlie
There aint any lip tremblin/footstampin because humberside lost the contract. Its more likely to be the way its all come about.
Im sure the guys dont need to be told the ways of the world. They are all, im sure, quite intelligent blokes and to compare offshore contracts to office cleaners contracts is a little naive.

MrR
24th Mar 2010, 14:04
Interesting that Bristow announced only 2 S-76C++s going to work for BP in the Southern North Sea. Is this Humberside? Surely need more than 2 to cover that.

lead and lag
24th Mar 2010, 14:26
Twas what bp requested - reality of the workload may require more to complete

helimutt
24th Mar 2010, 14:49
I don't know anything about the Bristows contract.

lead and lag
25th Mar 2010, 15:55
apparantely 'Helimutt' although there 'is nothing to worry about,' and 'its in the bag,' our great friends at BP chose another!!!!
:{

Banksman
25th Mar 2010, 16:51
Helmutt

Bristows has won contract for 7 years and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Well done Bristows:ok:

helimutt
25th Mar 2010, 17:22
I meant I didn't know anything about what the Bristows contract entails exactly, ie personnel, ac, types etc.

there 'is nothing to worry about,' and 'its in the bag,'

who said that?

Bristows has won contract for 7 years and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Well done Bristows

Well business is business I guess. No doubt everything will work itself out for everyone involved in the fullness of time. :cool:

Banksman
26th Mar 2010, 17:13
Bristow using 4 s76c++ with 1 spare so making 5 c++:ok: Pilots and engineers soon following.:)

MrR
27th Mar 2010, 02:28
A deleted post may have mentioned 2 76s for BP as the bare minimum, as they always need more, and they even use the Dauphin.

IFHP
2nd Jun 2010, 09:53
Still waiting :{ or:D

Humberside/ Conoco

Sliding Doors
2nd Jun 2010, 17:38
CHC did NOT win the Conoco contract. It is believed Bristows won it.
Good luck for the future to the CHC guys and gals at Humberside. I know they worked hard to win the BP and Conoco contracts both.

chcoffshore
2nd Jun 2010, 19:15
If this is true then wasn't that the only contract CHC had left in Humberside!:sad:

Hummingfrog
2nd Jun 2010, 19:44
Sliding Doors

If you are so certain that CHC have lost the Conoco contract how come you don't know who has won it.:ugh:

HF

Banksman
2nd Jun 2010, 20:01
Have heard from someone in CHC that they lost Conoco but dont know who won it so watch this space

Sliding Doors
3rd Jun 2010, 08:02
Who said I didn't know who had won it? Maybe I am well aware of the successful bidder, but because it isn't common knowledge as yet, am unable to say? And what the hell is with the bang your head against a brick wall smiley?

Just have to trust me on this one HF. I can give you a clue. Winning bidder might begin with
B. Then again, it might not.

DeltaNg
3rd Jun 2010, 08:15
Bangkok Heli Services - I knew they were on the up !

ScotiaQ
13th Jun 2010, 14:01
Is there still no news on who has won? All a bit odd. Maybe Conoco will buy BP, job done, they all use the same contractor.....just a thought.

Banksman
3rd Jul 2010, 15:49
I hear Bristows has been awarded Conoco Contract for Norwich and Humberside with 3 S76C++ and EC135 starting in November. Well done Bristows:ok:

kmax
3rd Jul 2010, 18:19
ec 135 for O&G in the SNS, that is new

The Governor
3rd Jul 2010, 19:16
I imagine the success of a recent application of EC135 in a proximate offshore operation swayed the decision making team at Conoco.

chcoffshore
3rd Jul 2010, 20:30
Maybe its for the newspaper run!

thecontroller
3rd Jul 2010, 21:26
They're not going to being taking many people offshore when its BKN 500 at norwich and they have to lug alternate fuel around!

rufus.t.firefly
5th Jul 2010, 16:34
EC135 or EC155 ? :ugh: more likely to be the latter with the type already based with Bristow at Norwich to operate to decks used by N2 ? :ok:

Banksman
5th Jul 2010, 20:20
Going def be a EC135 as courses booked and A/C ordered:)

Hummingfrog
5th Jul 2010, 20:25
RTF

It is a 135 the 155 is far too big for the small decks in the Viking field:uhoh:.

The 365N2 is only allowed to go onto these decks due to the high experience levels of the present crews:ok:

HF

sox6
5th Jul 2010, 21:18
Viking CD, DD, GD and HD (below) are all 10.68m - still undersize for a B0105 (12m) or an EC135 (12.2m).

"365 landing only with wheels within aiming circle, weight limit 4250 kg"

Look at the condition too!

http://www.helidecks.org/images/stories/Viking%20HD%20(2).jpg

A little bit of the Gulf of Mexico in the British backyard.
How DO the great British CAA sleep at night over these?

212man
6th Jul 2010, 05:22
For a Dauphin that would be a 0.78D deck!

"365 landing only with wheels within aiming circle, weight limit 4250 kg"
Nice to see some mitigating weight restrictions applied........:ugh:

I'm sure the HCA, oil company and the operator have conducted a suitable risk analysis. No need to bother with all that CAP371 and Annex 14 rubbish...

The 365N2 is only allowed to go onto these decks due to the high experience levels of the present crews

Indeed, and unlike the Leman 27AD there's no crane to smack....:E

rufus.t.firefly
6th Jul 2010, 17:39
HF thanks for the update on the 135 :ok:

With all the Health and Safety guff from the offshore companies - that deck should be condemned or restricted , hope the aircrew can hold their breath with all that bird ***t :bored:

Time for the offshore operator to spend some money and get it cleaned up:eek:

To anyone that flies onto that platform ....... well done :ok::ok:

Nimrod6
20th Jul 2010, 09:45
Hi all,

Does anyone have details of where oil rigs are located in the north sea that are served by any airports along the east coast? Is there an online map illustrating their locations/size etc?

Thanks,

Nimrod

212man
20th Jul 2010, 11:47
Try these:
http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-A512B4EFDE965EA5D43E5B4F58EA079D/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/AIP/ENR/EG_ENR_1_15_en_2010-05-06.pdf

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-A512B4EFDE965EA5D43E5B4F58EA079D/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/ENR/AIRAC/EG_ENR_6_1_15_3_en_2010-07-01.pdf

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-A512B4EFDE965EA5D43E5B4F58EA079D/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/ENR/AIRAC/EG_ENR_6_1_15_5_en_2007-05-10.pdf

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-A512B4EFDE965EA5D43E5B4F58EA079D/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/ENR/NON_AIRAC/EG_ENR_6_1_15_7_en_2010-06-03.pdf

Nimrod6
20th Jul 2010, 11:49
That's brilliant - thanks 212!! Never thought of the AIPs.

Cheers, Nimrod

Macaco Norte
25th Feb 2011, 12:42
I just thought I would throw this latest Press release (below) out there in order to raise a few opinions/feelings/views about future possibilities or change to the current operation, presently being carried out by BHL :E. Considering the fact that BHL have been operating from Humberside for almost a year they are still undermanned, having to regularly supplement with Norwich based pilots, still have to aggree roster conditions with the entire Humberside pilot workforce & still have to aggree Ts & Cs for the personnel that TUPEd late last year.
Could we be looking at further contract negotiations for heli support with the new owner?
Would Transfer of employment include support contracts?
Could ex CHC pilots find themselves back where they came from before they're even harmonised?

Release date: 22 February 2011

BP announced today the intention of selling its interests in a number of operated oil and gas fields in the UK. The assets involved are the Wytch Farm onshore oilfield in Dorset and all of BP’s operated gas fields in the Southern North Sea, including associated pipeline infrastructure and the Dimlington terminal.

BP anticipates that the staff currently working on these assets will transfer employment to the new buyer when the divestments are completed.

These divestments will allow BP to focus resources and investment on its diverse central North Sea, northern North Sea, West of Shetland and Norway assets and on successful delivery of its new major projects.
Trevor Garlick, Regional President, BP North Sea said: “The North Sea is a significant business for BP and we are currently investing here at the highest level for more than ten years, with four major new field development projects underway in the UK and two in Norway. The assets we intend to divest are of high value but find it difficult to compete for capital and resource within our North Sea portfolio. We believe they will attract earlier investment and be of greater value to a new buyer.

“Ensuring continued safe operation of these assets will continue to be our priority as we seek potential purchasers and support our staff through the transition process which will follow.”

BP aims to complete the divestments around the end of 2011, subject to receipt of suitable offers and regulatory and third party approvals.

The equity being offered for sale by BP is as follows:

Wytch Farm
All of BP’s equity which is:
67.81% operated interest in the Wytch Farm oil field (covering the Frome, Bridport and Sherwood reservoirs)
67.5% operated interest in the Beacon discovery
67.5% operated interest in the Wareham oil field
100% operated interest in the Kimmeridge oil fieldSouthern North Sea
BP’s interest in the Cleeton stream fields
BP’s interest in the West Sole stream fields
BP’s interest in the Amethyst field and
BP’s interest in the related infrastructure, including the Cleeton Field, the Southern North Sea Pipeline System (SNSPS) and the Dimlington terminalAsset Interest (%)Operator

Cleeton Stream
ECA Riser Tower 65.00 BP
Apollo 65.00 BP
Mercury 73.33 BP
Minerva 65.00 BP
Neptunel 100.00 BP
Wollaston 66.27 BP
Whittle 66.27 BP
Ravenspurn South 100.00 BP
Ravenspurn North 53.50 BP

West Sole Stream
West Sole 100.00 BP
Hyde 100.00 BP
Hoton 100.00 BP
Newsham 100.00 BP

Amethyst Unit 83.65 BP
Infrastructure

Cleeton Platform 100.00 BP

SNSPS 100.00 BP

Dimlington Terminal2 100.00 BP
Dimlington to Saltend
Condensate Pipeline 100.00 BP

1 BP will acquire 100% of Neptune on completion of an SPA signed with Amerada Hess in 2010.
2 Including the BP Easington Terminal and the Centrica Easington to Dimlington Linkline BP’s net production from these assets is some 40 mboe/d.

Yonez
25th Feb 2011, 14:41
BHL were handed this contract as a sweetener for a deal in the Gulf of Mexico.
Allegedly, BP UK had no say in the contract decision and were as surprised as everybody else when BHL were awarded the contract.
BHL have lost contracts recently in the SNS. Surely this must reflect their inability to offer a competitive tender.
After the debacle in Aberdeen & the distrust currently felt between BHL management and pilots, I for 1 wouldn't be surprised if the new operator made a few adjustments to its EOT requirements.

hands_on123
25th Feb 2011, 14:43
BHL have lost contracts recently in the SNS

What contracts would these be?

coning angel
25th Feb 2011, 15:43
Didn't BHL not lose out on the Shell contract which they'd hoped to win?

It would be a fine state of affairs if Centrica were to purchase the BP assets in the Southern North Sea, and CHC already have contracts with Centrica.

I wonder??? I have a feeling that the guy running the CHC southern north sea fleet has more information than is public. Why else would a helicopter company, which had just lost it's biggest contract customer, continue to spend money on the terminal at Humberside, renewing the terminal check in facilities etc, and keeping a new AW139 in place? I believe BP already have a buyer lined up, to put out a press release like that. TUPE tranfers for the pilots who just left? Or would CHC do the decent thing and just accept them back with seniority held in place? Also, if Bristows were to complete the oft talked of 'harmonisation', the ex chc guys all get a considerable pay adjustment, and then they would go back to CHC on more money!! This may just be an interesting year. :D

GlobalExpressStd
25th Feb 2011, 16:46
Well put Yonez! As someone who takes the 'put up and shut up' line it is beginning to wear a little thin, this continual poor treatment, from rosters to abrasive management. I can count at least half a dozen heads who are more than prepared to walk...

As for harmonisation, I'm not holding my breath. They can't even get the right number of people on site in a given week, let alone tackle the dreaded TUPE equation.

As you say, let's see how the year pans out.

SFIM
25th Feb 2011, 18:58
i think it would be natural justice if some of the work came back to CHC, after all the boys at humberside did a great job for BP and didnt deserve to lose it in the first place, local BP didnt want it.

CHC are providing a good service to centrica, so i hope they grow again!

MyTarget
26th Feb 2011, 00:55
How can you say chc and good service in one sentence! Yes the workers are providing a good service but as for the misguided leaders well:ugh:

micraman
26th Feb 2011, 09:23
Heard conoco will not be flying out of humberside shortly,all moving to norwich ?????

SFIM
26th Feb 2011, 10:38
Micraman,

How can you say chc and good service in one sentence! Yes the workers are providing a good service but as for the misguided leaders well

my experience of casully observing CHC SNS from across the pond is that the boys and girls on the flight line do a very good job and that times have moved on things are getting better (unlike BHL i think).

these things always go in waves, 5 years ago BHL were almost dead in SNS.

coning angel
26th Feb 2011, 11:02
I heard that Conoco have indicated that they will move the flying out of Norwich, instead of Humberside from 1st March. I'm not sure how much truth is in that rumour though.

Epiphany
26th Feb 2011, 11:29
the boys and girls on the flight line do a very good job

Quite right SFIM. Bad service is normally unfailingly provided by the management be that CHC or BHL.

coning angel
9th Mar 2011, 17:59
Have Bristow Helicopters just won more work for BP out of Humberside? More pilots required? If so, how do they propose to do this? I hear they are short of pilots already at Humberside, and that they have to ship the Norwich Pilots up on a regular basis, often at short notice to the pilots, just to man the present contract?

The TCAS issue has at least been resolved for now though. :E Just as well that TCAS is so accurate?

Macaco Norte
10th Mar 2011, 17:07
CA
The TCAS employed by Bristow is useless, an area weapon at best, sometimes, if you got a good one.

Manning level in HUY is manic with no sign of improvement.
Management won't/can't answer questions as to further requirement from BP or how manning reqt's will be met.

BP employees offshore have been told they will be transfered to new owners 1st June(allegedly).

Lets hope that the guys in HUY have a safe transition whatever happens. After all it looks like for some there may be a few more months of uncertainty, for the 2nd time in a year. Although I'm sure most would prefer to be back in the CHC fold, than working under current BHL management.

helicopter-redeye
11th Mar 2011, 20:15
Is the transfer of ownership offshore part of the BP/ BG-Group asset swap?

coning angel
15th Mar 2011, 08:46
Unsure of the asset swap, but there may be even more trouble for the guys at Humberside. It would appear that the BP contract requires Commanders to have a minimum of 500 hours of P1 on multi engine aircraft, which unfortunately, some of the present Commanders don't. You have to love it when people don't read contract requirements and a year down the line get caught with their pants down!
I do wonder who will carry the can this time. last time they went for the engineer. This time? Who knows. Watch this space.

MyTarget
15th Mar 2011, 09:32
500 hours P1 ME is a bit low for any offshore contract.

Macaco Norte
15th Mar 2011, 10:16
500hrs a bit low?

Most guys just awarded Capt would have none. Only P1/US. The BP requirement does not allow for P1/US.
Do you suggest all offshore Capts should be drafted in from outside.

Conin Angel, I agree, just like the previous fiasco, the axe will not fall where it should. The right man will not be frog marched from the premises, as was the engineer.
The management have become detached from operations in an effort to gain a 200+ day working roster.
Maybe the 'eye off the ball' attitude is a reflection that BHL suspect the BP contract is lost, once the new operator takes over.
By the way, i am surprised of the speed at which you recieved this info. Obviously still very close to the guys in HUY? :ok:

MyTarget
15th Mar 2011, 10:35
Yes you are right, i didn't take into account that co - pilots who have only been offshore on promotion to Capt wouldn't have the P1 ME time.:ouch:

BristowXJ
20th Mar 2011, 15:39
They'll cover it...just! Agree with you though 500hrs is pretty low considering how experienced and precise you need to be to land offshore.

Bravo73
20th Mar 2011, 19:29
500 hours P1 ME is a bit low for any offshore contract.

They'll cover it...just! Agree with you though 500hrs is pretty low considering how experienced and precise you need to be to land offshore.

The 500hrs P1 Multi-Eng is the OGP requirement for Commanders of Multi-Engine Helicopters under 5700kgs CTOM. (OGP Report No 390, Appendix 5A).

BP are an OGP compliant company.