PDA

View Full Version : Binter Canarias fares

World Traveller
24th Feb 2002, 01:43
All,

Thinking of a potential few days island hopping in the summer, and looking at Binter Canarias's website. they have all their fares on the site, but two sets of fares, one for 'residents' and one for 'non-residents'. The description of the 'Visit canarias' pass suggests the non-residents fare, which is about a 40-50% premium on the residents fare, only applies where purchase of the ticket takes place outside of the Canary islands. Therefore, using Binter's published fares as a guide, would I be able to buy the cheaper fares once I am in the Canaries?

Do any fellow SLF have any experience of Binter Canarias, specifically booking flights?

Also, do Binter have any competitors on inter-island flights?

Thanks for any help

WT

PS - also any ideas on cheap flights to Las Palmas appreciated!

Fast Jet Wannabe
24th Feb 2002, 19:35
Try the charter airline web-sites direct for cheap LPA fares!

Bird Strike
24th Feb 2002, 20:35
Sorry I can't help you with the price difference between booking from overseas and buying tickets within the islands.

I didn't bother booking anything. I just turned up at the ticket desk and bought a ticket. It's a few years ago now, but I think I paid about GBP 35.00 equivalent for Tenerife to Las Palmas or vice versa, although I can't remember for certain.

The flights were quite frequent and I did not have any problem getting seats. . .An alternative is to use the ferry. The ferry/hoverspeed network is pretty good although it obviously takes much longer and not as frequent as the flights.

Sharjah Night Shift
24th Feb 2002, 23:33
I booked a flight with them a few years ago from Las Palmas to Teneriefe Los Rodeos through Iberia in London. I can't remember the fare but it was cheap. However they kept changing the flight times and I was making regular trips back to Iberia to have my tickets changed.

They have flights to both airports in Teneriefe so I chose to visit Los Rodeos and fly on one of their CN 235s.

Nightstop
25th Feb 2002, 16:38
For the information of Timeshare owners who think they may qualify for the cheaper "Residents" fares; only permanent Canary Island residents can purchase these fares and then only on production of their residents card issued by the Canarian government.

World Traveller
25th Feb 2002, 18:12
Thanks Nightstop I think thats what I wanted to know, though not sure its what I wanted to hear!

Thanks also to the other replies and information therein. Looks a go-er!

WT

Tolsti
1st Mar 2002, 15:35
further to Nightstop...... things have changed, albeit only slightly. Providing you have a rental contract with your landlord you can obtain a certificate at the local ayuntiamento (town hall) which will enable you to take advantage of resident fares without necessarily having a residencia. I would add that Binter flights are frequently overbooked so buy as early as possible especially if intending to travel at the weekends. Alternatives to flying in their ATPs is the frequent ferry service in high speed catamarans which/connect all the islands. The only connection to La Gomera is from Tenerife North and is operated by ,I believe, Atlantic under subsidy. Other operators are Naysa (sp?)

If I can be of assistance please don not hesitate to contact me although I am leaving these sunny shores next Sat 09/03 for colder climes.