PDA

View Full Version : Zambezi Airlines

b737transport
12th Mar 2010, 12:17
Just Heard that Zambezi Airlines has been operating since day one without a CAA Approved MEL.
I hope the SACAA does a ramp check to confirm this.

spacedaddy
12th Mar 2010, 12:25
Could be part of the reason why the Europeans put Zambia on the blacklist. -500's are nice though.

Carrier
12th Mar 2010, 14:53
Quote: "Just Heard that Zambezi Airlines has been operating since day one without a CAA Approved MEL.
I hope the SACAA does a ramp check to confirm this."

Which foreign CAA do you consider issues approvals for Zambian air operators? The last I heard Zambia had been given independence over 40 years ago and since then approvals and other regulations for its air operators come from DCA in Lusaka. Has this changed?

CJ750
12th Mar 2010, 16:04
Are the aircraft not SA registered and SA crew.

Pandabear
12th Mar 2010, 16:10
Zambian registered and crewed by Zambians. Never looked at the MEL- dont get snags! ;)

b737transport
13th Mar 2010, 07:36
Well Carrier. I probably know African history much better then you. But I don’t want to start a pissing contest with you.
I have been ramped checked several times by the SACAA in JNB. One thing they look at is the state of all manuals. One of them being a CAA approved MEL. You can’t operate with a FAA MMEL
The SACAA has all the right to ramp check all aircraft operating in South African Airspace.
Please correct me if this is not true!

spacedaddy
13th Mar 2010, 08:46
I'm wondering why a Civil Aviation Authority would even issue and AOC to anyone (can't call them an airline) without ALL proper manuals. Makes me wonder what other regs zambia let them skip on.