PDA

View Full Version : Moving to USA - Qantas Vs AA Frequent Flyer Progam - Which to use or keep?

HALFPINT
12th Mar 2010, 12:03
Have been with Qantas for a while but should I start again with AA once I'm over there?

Does anyone have any views on what will be the most efficient FF to be in?

Many thanks in advance.

PAXboy
12th Mar 2010, 13:59
Often it can depend on where you are 'resident'. USA friends of mine got more BA miles because they were in the USA. So much so that another friend 'domiciled' himself with them (as far as BA EC were concerned!) and earnt more points. These variations may have gone.

It will also depend if this is a 1 year, 3 year or permanent stay; which cabin will you be earning in (so as to check the level of earning)and lastly, where do you expect to be using these miles? What destinations and cabins? There might be slight differences that will add up across the years.

Oh yes, will you also be feeding in miles via hotels and credit cards? If your regular plastic feeds one particular account, that might be sufficient to swing it.

intortola
12th Mar 2010, 14:38
I agree with Paxboy, when i moved to the region i changed from BA to AA but also keep VS frequent flyer miles, i get miles from AA with my credit card and also use their domestic services regualrly as i am often in the US. Also depends on where you want to redeem miles, i just booked flights to London with AA in business class for Xmas and only had to pay taxes so a good deal, even though i know AA business class is not as good as many other carriers!