PDA

View Full Version : type course

taurus001
12th Mar 2010, 11:17
hi guys,

i'm currently stuyding towards my EASA part 66 B1 basic licence, i was wondering if its possible to undergo type training immediately after i finish, or do i need more practical experience in addition to the 6months OJT?
please help.
thanks

BAe146s make me cry
12th Mar 2010, 13:52
If you are employed and are offered a type course presently, do not turn it down. Our training school is on lockdown at present due to sufficient cover, financial crisis and they're in a field building a new school etc.. The cost of a type course (if financed by yourself) will be in excess of £2500 (B737). Course duration variable dependant on type, EASA legal minimum 2/3 weeks (Embraer 145) - 10+ weeks(AirbusA380) The longest I've endured thus far in my career is 5 weeks.

It would be more than ok to complete a type course after you've completed your basic AML modules. As long as you compile sufficient Personal Experience Record information on tasks YOU have actually completed/been involved with for basic AML AND applicable type rating issue.

A 'bare' AML is ok, but one with a rating is better ;)

BAe

taurus001
13th Mar 2010, 10:11
thanks a million! i'll start raising funds for my type course - i'll probably do a 737 one..
thanks again :ok: