PDA

View Full Version : B747 Classic crews to SIN

znote6224w
12th Mar 2010, 10:43
Saw on flightdeckrecruitment.com that somebody is looking for Classic crews to be based in Singapore. Iīm trying to stay on the "right" path and NOT pay to apply or work as a proffesional. Hence I canīt see the contact details.

Can any body shed some light on this? Info much apperciated.

znote6224w
12th Mar 2010, 11:57
Found it!!

Its jett8 - and I believe they are looking for crews. But ons has to bring quite a load of cash unless you are local.

ErwinS
13th Mar 2010, 11:41
And that for just one classic? Or are they pulling JEA out from storage??

I would like to catch here at AMS:-)

TowerDog
13th Mar 2010, 17:21
Be careful paying for Classic jobs: If fuel prices hit a peak again, the Classics will be parked. (Unless the Government pays for the fuel out of the war-chest, not likely in SIN)

As much as I like the Classics and my 15 years in them, they are dinosaurs now...:sad: RIP, I will miss you.:ooh:

parabellum
14th Mar 2010, 21:37
Any operator that has tried to set up in Singapore without being in someway connected to SIA is usually doomed.

SIA will find out who the customers of a new operation are and immediately offer them better terms, terms a competitor simply cannot match. SIA won't mind reducing or even foregoing their profit as long as they make life impossible for the newcomer.

Then those customers will get a visit from people who are not in aviation but who will remind those customers of their duty to shop Singaporean first, (all one big family, remember?), or they will make observations about leases running out and work permits too! Plus plenty more aggravation.

That is always assuming the new operator is able to overcome the massive paper-trail that will be required before the first revenue hour is flown, not to mention random checks by the CAAS that may find the aircraft in need of maintenance or modification. The list is endless.

SIA see every revenue cent raised in Singapore as rightfully theirs, so be careful in your choices!;)

Metro man
15th Mar 2010, 01:52
Jett8 managed to get up and running, operating 2x742 and briefly a 744 leased from Jade Cargo. One of the 742 is parked in the desert, the other parked at Changi minus no.4 engine. Very possibly a write off as the fan blades did considerable damage when they separated from the rest of the engine.

$140/ barrel oil and global financial crisis took its toll and scheduled freight runs ceased.

There was an announcement a while ago about entering the low cost market. Also they advertised for A300 or A310 pilots quite a while back but nothing came of it.

Pay is a bit light and a 742 rating isn't much use else where. If rated and experienced may be worth keeping an eye on just in case. If not you'd be better off spending your money on an A320 rating.

screwballburling
15th Mar 2010, 03:20
parabellum

Correct. Real banana republic stuff.

sunbird123
15th Mar 2010, 11:45
Why are they looking for crew?. According to Av herald their ac had uncontained failureon dec 17 2009. Ac still on ground. What happened to original crews.
Something does not add up, salary poor no bennies Own Tax. Tax Sin Approx 20%.