PDA

View Full Version : Slingsby Firefly

Thunderguts
12th Mar 2010, 08:25
Drove past RAF Barkston Heath yesterday and noticed that the flight line was without its usual line up of bright yellow Fireflies! In their place was a line up of white Grobs.

Have the Fireflies been replaced, and if so where have they gone?

While I am at it what are the Jaguars, including a multi coloured ex ETPS aircraft doing at Cranwell?

Stitchbitch
12th Mar 2010, 08:40
Thunderguts the Jags are used to train the baby EngOs on 'line ops', they (apart from the derilict looking T bird) are taxiable, and looked very smart on the flightline yesterday. I am sure there are some on here who will be able to expand more. As for the Fireflys? Haven't seen one overhead for ages...

SLIPANDSKID
12th Mar 2010, 08:50
I heard on the grapevine that the firefly's are all parked up in leicester.

Does anyone know what the TT are on these airframe and engines? What sort of condition they are in? I assume they will be up for sale soon.

Many thanks for any info

S&S

Guzlin Adnams
12th Mar 2010, 09:29
In an effort to consolidate aircraft types etc, the Fireflies have been replaced with Tutors. Sensible to me the layman. I know some of the new Grobs are at Wyton. I believe that Tutors are also at Middle Wallop for Army grading now as well.

G-KEST
13th Mar 2010, 15:33
Suggest you check with Swiftair at Leicester who are, I understand, handling the disposal of these aircraft. At least locating Leicester is easier now. The huge yellow mass of intertwined Firefly's is hard to miss.

Swiftair-Maintenance.co.uk (http://www.swiftair-maintenance.co.uk/)

Cheers,

Reaper 69
:ok: