PDA

View Full Version : ATC Lasham Southend

Pat avation
11th Mar 2010, 18:32
Hi all,
I'v been looking aroud for an apprenticeship and i came accross ATC Lasham. I would like to know some more infomation please and i thought that the best place would be here.
Is the company stable?
What would be the wage for an apprentice?
Do they provide high quality training?

Thank you

Alber Ratman
11th Mar 2010, 19:56
A/. Quite an inqusitive question.. Not one that anybody will answer on a forum.
B/. It's an apprenctiship, so similar to others.
C/. You will be a well trained mechanic at the end of it if you take in what the people there teach you.:ok:

Pat avation
11th Mar 2010, 20:01
Thanks for the reply

Dodo56
12th Mar 2010, 10:37
ATC (Aviation Tooling Company to give them the name of their owners) took over the facilities of the old Dan-Air engineering at Lasham Airfield after BA bought the company and sold the engineering side to FLS, who promptly closed most of it down, as I recall.

Addition of the Southend site happened some years later after the collapse of Heavylift - ATC then acquired that facility and its people.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge since both those acquisitions but certainly when I knew them they both had a good reputation. They seem to have a stable customer base so others evidently share those views.

If you want an apprenticeship and can get one that's 99% of the battle, as the biggest hurdle most people face getting into licensed engineer training is the hands-on aspect. I'd certainly say if you are offered you should grab it with both hands, just don't expect to get rich!

Pat avation
12th Mar 2010, 18:12
Thanks for the infomation :ok:

matkat
13th Mar 2010, 05:22
Only had dealings with them as a customer but always had good on time service they were always willing to help out and also tried to accomodate us at the last minute can't praise them highly enough.

Alber Ratman
13th Mar 2010, 21:37
Do youself a favour if you get in. Keep a record of the tasks that you get involved in and complete in a CAP741 format and get it stamped up by a licenced inspector..

So many don't!:eek:

Pat avation
14th Mar 2010, 15:00
Thanks for the advice its much appreciated:ok:

Bus429
14th Mar 2010, 15:50
I've provided services for ATC at both Lasham and Southend. Good bunch to deal with.

panjandrum
15th Mar 2010, 16:15
This link may be of interest to Pat: Southend Airport scheme gets cash boost (From Echo) (http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/local_news/southend/5061567.__560_000_boost_for_aircraft_apprentices/)

Pat avation
15th Mar 2010, 18:01
Thank you very much for the infomation.:ok::ok::ok:

Alber Ratman
15th Mar 2010, 20:44
The newspaper story is accurate. If it is correct on "A" and "B" training as well, the centre must be applying for 147 status.

Pat avation
15th Mar 2010, 20:50
I know, it sounds like the company are doing really well. Luckily i applied back in January because i think the deadline to apply was last mounth.:)

Alber Ratman
15th Mar 2010, 21:52
I refer you to A/. on my first post of this thread.