PDA

View Full Version : Proctor Aviation - Any Experiences With?

extreme P
11th Mar 2010, 17:25
Tried the search to no avail. Anybody with feedback on the representation they offer?

hborderas
28th Nov 2010, 06:02
I am working my way with them right now, any news from anybody with previous experience with these guys?

highjetman
8th Sep 2016, 05:36
Me and my colleagues who are currently engaged with a contract with Proctor Aviation in India (and many have left) just want to warn the international community of contract pilots about the agent Proctor Aviation.

They have been reported to the government of India as well as foreign governments belonging to some of the contract pilots on contract with them for these conditions.

We are constantly being raped for our money where the agent has ALL kind of idiotic excuses to pull money from us.

1. Not paying back expenses
2. Not paying the overtime
3. Refusing to pay for legal days off
4. Telephone calls any time during 24 hours where we are being threatened to do as they tell us
5. Not supported in ANY problems we meet with the airlines
6. Making us pay for airline operational expenses and not paying back

Please stay FAR away from this agent!

FWIflyer
20th Jan 2017, 17:44
Thanks, good to know because they contacted me this morning for a 767 FO position and I don't know where they got my details.

FlyingDutchman64
28th Jun 2023, 15:29
I have a totally different experience with Proctor Aviation!

Since January 2022 Air India has been taken over by the TATA Group. Before that Air India was a government owned airline with not such a good reputation. A lot of bureaucracy and lack of planning. However since last year they have put up a program of 3 years to renew the airline and make it an airline with status again and good reputation. They are only half way..... Still a lot of things need to be improved, but they are doing the best they can! And they are slowly but surely improving.

Now Proctor Aviation has been given the task to recruit experienced expat B777 Captains to join Air India and help them to expand their fleet. I am one of them.... I joined Air India through Proctor Aviation since half of April 2023. 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off. I am in the second group of Captains they have hired. I must say some experience and adventure! I would not have wanted to miss it!
From the first day on we have been treated very nicely! I feel very welcome!

To give you an example.. On our very first day of training they said: "So nice to have so many years of experience here in the classroom?! I hope we can learn from you too!"
We have experienced pilots in our class from Italy, France, Netherlands, Thailand and even Russia. The atmosphere in our class is great! Couldn't hope for better. :-)
We have stayed for almost a month in a very luxury 5 star hotel to begin with.... We asked if we could see our apartments before we had to move, which was organized right away.
The compound they have found for us in Gurugram is called "Center Parc & resort" It's a gated compound with over 20 high buildings among a green parc. Golfcarts bring you from one end to the other. There is a very nice "Clubhouse", 3 (nice) restaurants, a very nice professional gym, inside and outside pool, squash court, table tennis tables, Spa and so on.... Mainly expats are living here on the compound. Transportation to and from the various training centers is provided. Even a nice (European) breakfast is included in one of the restaurants in the "Clubhouse".
Yes, I am sharing a 3 bedroom apartment with one of my colleagues, but not because we had to? But because we requested to do so! We are having a great time here in India..... :-)
Proctor Aviation is definitely not always to blame for the things that go wrong... Yes, once and a while they do. But this is in my opinion because of the transformation that Air India is going through and still needs to go through. That take time but they do their best....

Proctor has helped us to set up a bank account (which is not easy here in India, I can tell!) with Axis Bank, a large international bank. It took them 4-5 weeks to open the bankaccount and get us our debit cards. The day I received my debit card, proctor transferred my first salary immediately to my account. They also helped my to transfer it abroad since I wanted it the be on my home bankaccount.This process took about 5 working days.... Which seems to be normal for me.... given the situation. So I have no complains about that! On the contrary!
Also getting our FATA (Foreign Aircrew Temporary Authorization) is a big thing here in India... Proctor is helping us where they can... But it is the authorities that are demanding very strange and difficult demands.... Some times very unnecessary or impossible demands! This has delayed the process of our FATA and training course significant..... Without FATA we are not aloud to fly an Air India a/c or even to join the Aviation Security course (AVSEC).... After 8,5 weeks I finally received my FATA. I have now my AVSEC and my simulator training (OCC - Operators Conversion Course) of about 4 sessions to go, before I can really enjoy my profession again! :-) This first training part takes definitely much longer then necessary, but hey we are getting paid from day 1! So I am not complaining if it takes a bit longer... Why should I?

My conclusion:
PROCTOR AVATION is hardly to blame for the mishaps! They are either made by Air India (old habits) or the Authorities!
PROCTOR AVIATION is treating us with respect and they help us where they can. They are honest and keep their promises. Surely they make a mistake once in a while... don't we all?
So I invite any B777 Captain with enough experience to join Air India thru PROCTOR AVIATION and experience a nice adventure! :-)

p.s you can message me for more information if you like....

cpdlcestablished
4th Jul 2023, 19:47
Hi,
Can you guys on the Air India 777 contract please share some info regarding the DGCA Medical to obtain FATA? Is it very comprehensive and strict?
Thanks

FlyingDutchman64
5th Jul 2023, 04:24
hi Besides your own Class I medical, you get a thorough Air India medical check. (for free🤷‍♂️) After that you are flown to Mumbai to do your Indian medical Class I. However it’s done on the Indian way! 😉😊

tornspar
5th Jul 2023, 10:46
What’s the salary in USD after Indian tax/I can’t seem to find this info anywhere.sounds like could be a good adventure.Appreciate your post MR Dutchman as hard to get any info on this gig .

cpdlcestablished
5th Jul 2023, 15:35
hi Besides your own Class I medical, you get a thorough Air India medical check. (for free🤷‍♂️) After that you are flown to Mumbai to do your Indian medical Class I. However it’s done on the Indian way! 😉😊
​​​​​​Thank you very much for taking the time to answer to my question. Does the medical include Stress ECG?

One last. question if I may : I'm in the process.of recovering my ATPL, it shhoul be ready by the end of August
Do you think that they will continue recruiting pilots for rhe next few months?

777kicker
8th Jul 2023, 02:25
I don’t know who the complainer is, but I’m in the first batch who joined April 1 st and I should say I have no major complaints. Salary is paid exactly as promised and on time, justified expenses are refunded in full, I’ve been given a decent 2BHK apt in Central Park 2, and went home at the end of ground training (9 weeks) for 3 full weeks, exactly matching the 6/2 proportion. The big pain in the butt is the local DGCA, unheard of requests for documents, loss of paperwork, arrogant/rude attitude, all the trimmings. Air India is not the perfect airline organization but people are kind and try to help for what they can. If you’re looking for paradise, it’s not here, but it’s nice and friendly, and I’ll let you in on the news, paradise doesn’t exist. This is no place for whining princesses, but for serious people who need a job, I don’t see any problem.

FlyingDutchman64
12th Jul 2023, 11:24
I don’t know who the complainer is, but I’m in the first batch who joined April 1 st and I should say I have no major complaints. Salary is paid exactly as promised and on time, justified expenses are refunded in full, I’ve been given a decent 2BHK apt in Central Park 2, and went home at the end of ground training (9 weeks) for 3 full weeks, exactly matching the 6/2 proportion. The big pain in the butt is the local DGCA, unheard of requests for documents, loss of paperwork, arrogant/rude attitude, all the trimmings. Air India is not the perfect airline organization but people are kind and try to help for what they can. If you’re looking for paradise, it’s not here, but it’s nice and friendly, and I’ll let you in on the news, paradise doesn’t exist. This is no place for whining princesses, but for serious people who need a job, I don’t see any problem.

I am from Batch 2 and I totally agree with you "777kicker", I am almost done with my training so in 1 or 2 weeks I will be doing my first flight for Air India. I will keep you guys posted. :-)

777skyrider
23rd Jul 2023, 18:58
Hello all. Anyone knows is Air India have training class start for new batch lately? Are more 777 pilots coming in for training? Thk.

FlyingDutchman64
23rd Jul 2023, 20:12
Hello all. Anyone knows is Air India have training class start for new batch lately? Are more 777 pilots coming in for training? Thk.

Yes, Batch 3 and 4 have started already….. both around 20 captains, so right now they have hired over 60 expat Captains already… I heard they are looking for a rotal of 150 expat Captains….. 😊
And for the medical there was no stress ECG…..

777skyrider
24th Jul 2023, 02:09
Yes, Batch 3 and 4 have started already….. both around 20 captains, so right now they have hired over 60 expat Captains already… I heard they are looking for a rotal of 150 expat Captains….. 😊
And for the medical there was no stress ECG…..

FlyingDutchman64 Thank you. Do you know how far apart of each batch?

FlyingDutchman64
24th Jul 2023, 10:15
No it's radom as far as I know.... They look at the need obviously, the potential number of candidates and their capacity.....
First two batches were 2 weeks apart but only 11 and 7 captains.... the third was roughly a month later but 20 captains and the 4th batch started about 2 weeks ago...

777skyrider
24th Jul 2023, 10:32
No it's radom as far as I know.... They look at the need obviously, the potential number of candidates and their capacity.....
First two batches were 2 weeks apart but only 11 and 7 captains.... the third was roughly a month later but 20 captains and the 4th batch started about 2 weeks ago...

Thank you for your time sir. I am waiting to join the training. Hopefully soon.

777skyrider
24th Jul 2023, 12:28

Thank you for your time sir. I am waiting to join the training. Hopefully soon.

leo747
2nd Aug 2023, 20:27
Hello, I hope you well
I'm with proctor as well, but my group has been put on Hold for hiring as per AUG 1st, do you know or have you heard WHY, this hiring process is on "HOLD"?
since you are inside the company, any feedback will be highly appreciated

Regards

leo747
7th Aug 2023, 14:20

Im' also waiting, so far they said everything has put the new joining expats "ON HOLD UFA"

777skyrider
5th Sep 2023, 16:17
Im' also waiting, so far they said everything has put the new joining expats "ON HOLD UFA"

Any update news? If they committed the starting date, they should not cancel or put on hold.