PDA

View Full Version : flying continnental

cloudskimmer
8th Feb 2002, 05:13
hi im flying with continnental airlines in april and as seen as i have a 8hr flight ,just wondering if anyone has flown with them to tell me what there economy is like,,meals etc. .and of course there air hostesses

. .p.s. i know flight deck visits are off BUTwhat do you think my chances of having a look in the pointy end after we have landed and parked at the gate

polzin
8th Feb 2002, 06:11
You can probably get a real good look at the pointy end once you have gotten inside the terminal and look out the window.. Such is security today. . . Three days ago the Wall Street Journal had an article about the steps that some US airlines had taken to reduce costs. Removal of magazines, removal of pillows and blankets by other airlines, but NOT Continental !. . It is my number one choice!

[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: polzin ]</p>

cossack
8th Feb 2002, 13:29
As a fairly frequent user of CO I would say I was happy with their levels of comfort, service and cost.

The seat pitch is 31" (same as most) but if you want the extra legroom of an exit row or bulkhead (on the 777 anyway) you sacrifice nearly an inch of seat width due to the table being in the armrest. Worth putting up with when you're 6'4"!!!

I assume you're going into EWR so you'll benefit from the new-ish Terminal B immigration area. Very large and not often crowded. Remember they depart from Terminal C though!

Last time I flew there were only 8 people in BusinessFirst and 150 in Economy, but they still don't upgrade at the gate. I admire them for sticking to that policy.

If you plan on using them more join OnePass, their frequent flyer club. The miles don't expire and after about 5 paid transatlantics you'll get a freebie to anywhere in the US including Alaska but not Hawaii.

Have a look <a href="http://www.continental.com" target="_blank">HERE</a>

Enjoy!

BTW I'm not on commission, I just think they're better than the others I've tried. BA, VS et al.

Edited to add that if you're flying in April it will be a 767-400 which has 32" seat pitch and standard width in all but row 45.

[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: cossack ]</p>

Sharjah Night Shift
9th Feb 2002, 15:49
Last September I flew LGW-IAH on one of their 777s.

The seats in economy were comfortable but the quality of the catering and the cabin crew were something else.

There was no choice of meals and what was served had gone cold by the time it arrived. Two of the hosties were only working on the 777 as they were too obese for any of the smaller types in the fleet (I doubt either of them would be able to use the overwing exit on a 737.)

A cock up on arrival led to the aircraft stopping well short of the correct position on the stand with the tail blocking the taxiway. The subsequent 30 minute wait for a tug to correctly position the aircraft and the captain claiming a defective jetway did not go down well with the passengers.