PDA

View Full Version : i-pod touch moving music from lappy

621andy
10th Mar 2010, 21:18
Probably a very simple answer, but how do I move music from my laptop to my new i-pod touch??!

Also, a supplemantary question, how do I change the alphabet to lower case? when I enter my e-mail address it always starts with a capital letter and therefore won't log in:ugh:

Ta muchly in advance!

misterblue
11th Mar 2010, 12:58
Install itunes on the laptop, import your music into itunes, plug in the ipod and you can either choose to auto sync (ie everything in itunes goes to the ipod) or manually sync (you drag the files yourself).

Manual sync is the safe way to go.

Should all be pretty obvious after installing itunes.

MB

beardy
11th Mar 2010, 15:49
Personal preference, I don't like itunes on Windows, I find it 'clunky.' MediaMonkey Free Media Jukebox, Music Manager, CD Ripper & Converter (http://www.mediamonkey.com/) does it fine for me.

P.Pilcher
12th Mar 2010, 10:08
Be advised that I have recently had trouble getting my latest version of iTunes to interface with my three year old iPod. After much struggling, the local Apple store suggested that my Virus protection (Avast) was the problem. They recommended I download new versions of my virus protection and iTunes, disconnect from t'internet, delete my virus protector, delete iTunes, then re-install Itunes from the file downloaded and finally re-install my virus protection before re-connecting to t'internet.
It worked!

P.P.

misterblue
12th Mar 2010, 15:40
Did try the non itunes route once. Slowly, tracks disappeared from the ipod until it finally froze, died and was replaced at the applestore.

Never again.

Also, if everything is working, don't update it.

MB

621andy
12th Mar 2010, 21:52
Ok, my Touch had to do a 'recovery' or somesuch twaddle before it would synch...now working fine. Thanks everyone:ok:

muppetbum
15th Mar 2010, 18:27
to stop the initial capital letter when you log in to your email address, make sure the shift key ( looks like an up arrow by t he Z key) is not highlighted

if it is hit it again to unhighlight it.

On my Iphone the keyboard always auto capitalizes the start of the first word you type in , as you say not helpful for passwords etc.

Muppets