PDA

View Full Version : Flight Safety Proficiency Card

hollingworthp
10th Mar 2010, 18:01
So what's this all about then?

On my first recurrent at FSI last year I got a silver one and this time around I have a gold one.

Does this actually imply anything or is it simply another "Good Job guys" grown up version of the gold star you used to get at primary school

I can't find any reference to it on the FlightSafety website and Google doesn't turn up much else.

First.officer
10th Mar 2010, 18:17
....ah, maybe next year it'll be a platinum card !!

Have one myself, just think it proves you've been recognised as having trained on the relevant a/c type with FlightSafety - as for the gold, silver issue, refers maybe to the level of proficiency they believe you achieved during the exercises......might explain why mine was handwritten on the back of a piece of toilet paper :eek:

Of course, if i was cynical, i could say it might be a "feel good" tool to make you come back next time.....but i'm not cynical me, never, ever :E

F/O

lanef300
10th Mar 2010, 19:03
might explain why mine was handwritten on the back of a piece of toilet paperBe careful, that could be a very important piece of paper :rolleyes:...you see, since toilet paper is what the DGAC uses to issue your licence (and they charge you a lot for that too!)!

tabdy
10th Mar 2010, 19:22
I must have done very badly back in 2000-2002 because mine was Blue & Green!

Ecocharlie
10th Mar 2010, 22:21
Gold mean you are full service , 2 recurrent in one year,also include a life insurance.

privateer01
11th Mar 2010, 03:11
Some insurance companies love it.

So do some foreign governments

northern boy
11th Mar 2010, 10:39
I've got one stuck in my wallet somewhere, from Farnborough. The last one was from Wilmington. I believe that it can reduce your insurance with some operators in the US. Not a lot of use on JS year off, and even less use with a lapsed IR.

If anyone would care to PM me with some gen on how NJ are doing at the moment I would be grateful since there is nothing of much use on the portal and the only emails I seem to get are requests for invoices from 12 months ago.

Good game this.

Thanks in advance and keen anticipation etc.

pma 32dd
11th Mar 2010, 10:57
T'Northern Boy

cx your pms

MungoP
11th Mar 2010, 14:12
FSI Pro Card is something I recommend only for those who perform above average... not sure how other instructors view it. It can in most cases result in a reduction of insurance rates for the company employing the pilot and in todays market the saving can be considerable.

CL300
11th Mar 2010, 16:27
And after 10 years of gold card you receive the Star pin... ;-)

northern boy
11th Mar 2010, 16:40
pma 32dd, thanks will be in touch.

At what stage does one qualify for a crackerjack pencil?

Now that really is giving my age away.

Shiner Pilot
11th Mar 2010, 22:16
I use mine to scrape ice of the car window....

First.officer
12th Mar 2010, 08:56
Northern boy,

Believe you qualify for the crackerjack pencil only if you have logged extensive "parker" time in your logbook !!

:eek:

smallfry
12th Mar 2010, 23:00
It is an insurance policy by FSi.

If you should have an accident in the aeroplane you have trained in with FSi and die, FSi will pay your dependants various amounts depending on what level you hold.

It is a nice card to hold for this reason only, and it is a large incentive for those people with the choice where to train. For similar training costs one provider (FSi) will give you a life insurance policy as a 'reward'

I leave mine with my wife, and she knows that if the worst should happen she has money coming to her from that.

And for that reason I applaud FSi for sending them to us. (on my second Star as well!) :ok:

NuName
13th Mar 2010, 07:34
"It is an insurance policy by FSi."

Well thats a new one on me, if it is so, then its a marketing ploy obviously. But, have they shot themselves in the foot by not telling us all? They should, my last recurrent last month was $12,500 more with FSI than SF, is that what pays for the premium?

hollingworthp
13th Mar 2010, 08:46
Interesting - so any idea where details of the insurance can be found?

smallfry
13th Mar 2010, 10:13
When I started doing training at FSi I was given a form to fill in.. Next of kin, address etc. I believe that it goes up to $100000 or something...
It was clearly explained at that time. Yes its a marketing tool, but quite a good one really. I like that more than a Baseball cap or pen.. Could be lots more valuable in the long run...

NuName
13th Mar 2010, 11:23
"recurrent last month was $12,500 more with FSI than SF"

That would buy a lot of insurance.

silverknapper
14th Mar 2010, 16:41
I Prepare to be corrected but is there not a caveat that both crew must be card holders for the insurance to be valid? I'm not sure how this appllied to single pilot ops though:confused:

policepilot
28th Mar 2010, 20:54
I know (some) pilots from South America won't have a job if they come home without a ProCard. Insurance premiums are reduced if they have them. When you sit for recurrent they ask numerous times for the instructor not to forget the ProCard, and that's before going to the sim. I must repeat, not all, only some of the pilots. Our training dept just shrug and file them. Some centres give them away...but the instructors usually know your background, so if you have one and you're JAR etc, then I guess you're pretty good!!

fernytickles
28th Mar 2010, 23:53
Why not just email FSI and ask them?

Cpt_Schmerzfrei
29th Mar 2010, 15:02
So, why doesn't everybody get that card if it is only a sales plot?

seupp
10th Jan 2013, 18:58
Enjoy Peace of Mind With Complimentary Life Insurance |
Pilots who train under a Full Service contract earn eligibility for complimentary accident insurance once they earn a FlightSafety ProCard. Initial coverage is for $50,000 and increases by $10,000 increments each time a pilot completes a training program within an eight-month period. The maximum insurance coverage is $100,000. Accident-insurance coverage terminates when the applicable ProCard expires or the pilot is no longer training under a Full Service contract.