PDA

View Full Version : FDP and DP: what about your airline??

funkypilot
10th Mar 2010, 12:35
Hi everybody,

I am carefully following the FTL rulemaking tasks that are undertaken at the moment at EASA, but the actual practices are very often different from the minimum required by the regulation. A question came to me about the actual accounting spread between FDP and DP at departure. For instance, some airlines allows the DP to begin 90 minutes before actual flight and FDP 60 minutes before actual flight.

How does it work at your airline? (for FC and CC if possible)

Thanks a lot :ok::ok::ok:
J

Henry VIII
10th Mar 2010, 14:24
Check in time is the beginning of both FD and FDP for FC and CC as well in my company.
Value of the pre flight time changes according various scenarios, long or short range, homebase or outstation.
Hope this helps.

oceancrosser
10th Mar 2010, 14:45
In theory (as per OM text) the DP starts at 90 min prior to dep and FDP at 60 min before. However this clearly contradicts our CLA. This is approve by our CAA however (one of the areas where countries within Europe differ). Our union has made it clear that if this is to be enforced, we will take both the airline and the CAA to Court and settle the issue there, as this is believed to contradict local employment legislation and is very unclear in the locally issued Subpart Q.
One thing I have never understood is why some companies have different check-in times for short-haul and long-haul. I fly both, same check in time, no problem (why would it be?).

When you are at work, you are at work. :ugh:

funkypilot
12th Mar 2010, 07:31
Thanks for your answers. Sorry I was in Brussels yesterday and couldn't check the forum.

Henry VIII, what is your airline? Oceancrosser, are you from Mongolian Airlines?

Indeed, interpretation of Subpart Q is ambiguous... It is said that FDP is any time spent IN THE AIRCRAFT as a member of its crew, but also that FDP begins when reporting for the flight... But practically, I think this last point is the one that should be retained ==> not legal to have a DP beginning before a FDP (except for duties totally not related to the flight)

Does anybody else could tell us how it is its airline?

Many thanks

320seriesTRE
25th Mar 2010, 13:59
easyJet uses 60 minutes and 30 minutes

Pretty reasonable I believe