PDA

View Full Version : Flight transfer at Sau Paulo airport.

JEM60
10th Mar 2010, 09:39
Looking for a little help here, guys.
Wife and I flying to Sau Paulo this Friday, with a two and a half hour stop before take off on an internal TAM flight.
Anybody done a transfer here recently, is it easy, or are there difficulties in directions etc., Thanks in advance, John and Theresa.

Crowe
10th Mar 2010, 12:15
Hello

I did this recently transferring from Lufthansa to Gol (same terminal).

You will have to clear immigration and collect your bags, this was about 40 minutes in my case - apparently it can be a lot longer though if you arrive in the early morning rush behind some other long-haul flights.

Then need to check in again, not sure about TAM but the Gol queue was very efficient, and security similarly did not take long.

I had 2 hours 45 to transfer and it worked fine, so unless you are unlucky with arrival timing you should be ok.

Cheers

alemaobaiano
10th Mar 2010, 12:32
Are you arriving on TAM?

If so you will have to clear immigration but your bags will be transferred and you won't need to check in again. Transit passengers will normally stay on the first floor for immigration instead of going downstairs with those whose destination is São Paulo. If in doubt, ask. TAM usually have people to guide you at the top of the jetway and also before immigration, plus the airport is reasonably well signposted.

If you are arriving on another carrier and transferring to TAM then, as Crowe says, you will have to pass through immigration, collect you bags, and check in again. Normally not too much of a problem, but.........

One word of caution. This weekend is the first ever Indy Cars race on the streets of São Paulo, on Saturday and Sunday. The city is expecting 12 million visitors, many of whom will be arriving on Friday. Be prepared for some very long lines if your arrival coincides with theirs :uhoh:

Hope that helps

JEM60
10th Mar 2010, 23:11
Arriving on British Airways. Thanks for the helpful replies, guys.:):)

JEM60
28th Mar 2010, 15:13
Just arrived back in UK. Transfer couldn't have been better. A great improvement over some British Airports, in fact. Liked TAM very much. [good looking girls as CC amongst other things.] Thanks, John.