PDA

View Full Version : multi engine hour building

jordanlive
9th Mar 2010, 23:38
Does anyone know anywhere in the states or in europe where i can hour build in a multi engine aircraft for 100 hours e.g. seneca v, DA42 etc. something new and not falling to bits. autopilot is a must aswell!!!

CL300
10th Mar 2010, 06:58
Building hours on autopilot :ok: :D :=

INNflight
10th Mar 2010, 07:18
Must have a lot of cash lying around to build 100 hrs in a multi...for the sake of timebuilding?

Flying Mechanic
10th Mar 2010, 07:31
with that money u could buy a clapped out Aztec, and build time flying business people around!trust me it works. I still fly business people around.....this time in a Gulfstream.

jordanlive
10th Mar 2010, 10:32
really how would u go about doing something like that? sounds quite appealing!!!

madlandrover
10th Mar 2010, 17:37
It would cost a bit to get an AOC to operate charter though...

ukblue
13th Mar 2010, 08:38
BM, where do you get the 90%+ autopilot usage figure from? Also, given the originating post, how do you come to the conlusion that jordan needs to improve his handling/airmanship skills? You have no information regarding his experience level and are just making a crass and rather offensive assumption. Just a tad judgmental don't you think? And, given your purported connections in the airline recruitment world, I fail to see why you denigrate logged multi hours as a useful asset re future airline work, if indeed that is what he is pursuing. Perhaps you feel he would be better advised to spend his money on an F27 or Shed ARB? No offence old timer, just trying to be constructive.

ukblue
14th Mar 2010, 20:46
Oh dear BM, you seem to be pulling your posts quite frequently these days.

CL300
15th Mar 2010, 06:32
IMHO, if someone NEEDS 100 hours of multi time, his total time shouldn't be that high, therefore, a bit of hand flying is not optionnal, since if he/she looks for an airline carreer, hand flying time is not the highest of all.
The purpose of "building" hours is to enhance the basic skills that will last for a long period of time.... Otherwise he/she might as well, start the engine or run the hobbs without flying..(ie on the ground). Safer, Easier, cheaper and no autopilot needed !!

Widewings
15th Mar 2010, 21:19
I have built my time on Cessna 421C as FO in GA/BA. I flew 400 hours in 8 months, and gained great experience. So I advice you to look for the opprotunity similar to mine. Avoid paying your ME timebuilding unless you are really rich. You will need your money later on...for type rating:)

NuName
16th Mar 2010, 06:33
Great advice:eek: another poor little rich kid, learnt to fly on autopilot and buy's a type rating. I really hope this is not the case.

Widewings
16th Mar 2010, 17:40
I do not see anything wrong on my way, sorry.
1. Yes, there was the autopilot in Cessna 421, but AP is now standard even in much smaller planes than C421 is. This does not mean you can not fly it without autopilot, AND: you have to learn to work and live with autopilot - it is a safety and passenger comfort feature, not the help for lazy pilots.
2. Flying in general/bussiness aviation does not mean only to keep the yokes! I undertook trainings, courses, and flew according to the company manuals, +self-planning and organizing... This is what professional flying really IS like. Many times, I was thankful for C421 experience even when I was flying B737.
3. It is very sad, but todays beginners should be ready to pay their type rating with the majority of operators, this becomes the truth with rare exceptions.

madlandrover
16th Mar 2010, 18:06
There are a few ways to do it without paying for it - or even being paid for it. As an FI with (once!) hopes and dreams I ferried aircraft, took engineers up for air tests, etc to build the 30+ ME PIC hours I needed for the CRI(ME) course. All good fun if hard work and it still gets me the odd phone call here and there. It's just a shame that my main customer has ordered a C510 that I can't afford a TR for...

galaxy flyer
16th Mar 2010, 18:47
madlandrover

If your main customer has bought a C510 and, I assume the PA includes one or two type rating courses, most do; why are you buying a rating? He should send you to the training provided by Cessna.

OP

Don't assume an autopilot--I flew checks for a year w/o one. You need basic flying skills, if you don't earn those skills now, when will you? Try a check flying operation like Ameriflight, if you can work in the US. You'll need an ATPL, tho.

GF

madlandrover
16th Mar 2010, 18:51
Close but not quite. I'm not buying a TR - the closest I'll probably get to a C510 is sitting in one last year during a separate ferry job. My involvement was in finding & ferrying twins for said customer to hire for European trips, so her buying her own aircraft is a bit of a shame...