PDA

View Full Version : Thai Airways

767__FO
9th Mar 2010, 20:10
Anyone know the requirements for Thai Airways? Air they hiring?

ozthai
9th Mar 2010, 22:57
Requirement 1 = Must be Thai national

Requirement 2 = Must have rich daddy.

Requirement 3 = Prefer family and friends of influential military elite.

Only take foreign crew when absolutely necessary.

leewan
10th Mar 2010, 03:23
I've never seen a foreign flight deck crew, let alone a foreign cabin crew, on TG ever before.

extreme P
10th Mar 2010, 04:35
And no females. Enjoy your flight.

crj705
10th Mar 2010, 05:35
What I have learned from living in Thailand:

For anything other than tourism..... Thailand is for Thais

They do have some Japanese girls as cabin crew that fly to and from Japan.

etops777
10th Mar 2010, 06:41
They do have some Japanese girls as cabin crew that fly to and from Japan

They have Koreans, Taiwanese, Japanese, etc. They are not cabin crews, they are hired as inflight interpreter to serve as a translator on those flights. However, they do help out with services as required.

training wheels
10th Mar 2010, 07:01
I thought I saw some farang pilots in Bangkok Airways a few years ago?

training wheels
10th Mar 2010, 07:06
What I have learned from living in Thailand:

For anything other than tourism..... Thailand is for Thais.

Well, fair enough I reckon. How many Thai pilots flying in US airlines I wonder?

ZFT
10th Mar 2010, 08:58
I thought I saw some farang pilots in Bangkok Airways a few years ago?
Ex pat pilots phased out in 2009 (due to economic downturn?)

Panama Jack
10th Mar 2010, 08:58
I remember being told by somebody some time ago that Thai Airways cleaned-house of foreign pilots during the Asian Economic Crisis. There are a few other Thai companies that employ farang though, it seems.

ZFT
10th Mar 2010, 13:09
You forgot the Australians flying Saab 340s out of Chiang Mai for SGA (Nok Light)

Thai Pom
11th Mar 2010, 06:38
Bangkok Airways no longer have "Falang" pilots, the last left the CP's position 2 years ago. They still have them in Charge of Engineering and Marketing. Thai have not had any since the DC10's left. 1 2 Go still have a couple. PB, Phuket and Skystar have closed shop.

kwaiyai
13th Mar 2010, 03:11
You forgot K-Mile Air at SVB. I was flying 727's for them. I suspect jobs will come up again but for type rated ,current and experienced PIC, Thats how I was in KMI. KMI now replacing the few XPTS left with locals. I saw today a Company looking for 737 FO and Capts on 350.com, FO must b Thai.

BTW Thai Pom I saw a Farang Capt flying BKK Air A320 the other day when I was in USM (Koh Samui).
Said it all BF Thai Inter. dont take Foreigners, they are totally nationalistic.
Regards,

piratepete
14th Mar 2010, 07:00
There are jobs for farangs(and locals) on B767 if you have time on type/current etc, with BAC based in Sukhimvit Soi 11, they are already flying Skystars old 767-200, and may get more 767(s) soon.Also there is yet another start-up about to begin with 767-300s, called JetAsia I think it is, they want mainly PICs and IPs, they are based out of Ocean tower somewhere, and there is yet another 767-300 start-up, based out of Phuket, not sure its name but has already applied for AOC etc........and there is yet another...........blah blah blah....but good luck, the timing is not too good with all the excitement in Bangkok these coming days......

Ejector
14th Mar 2010, 08:59
Completely nationalistic 100%.

Do a search on Orient Thai (1-2-Go) if you have a Thai urge, you will pull out real quick.:O

Anyway, flying would only be a distraction for you, who needs a distraction. :=

GlueBall
23rd Mar 2010, 11:15
The original enquiry [Post 1] was about TG.

Thai have not had any since the DC10's left.

. . . Yes, many moons ago; but those farangs were SAS pilots under contract, not employed as individuals.