PDA

View Full Version : i'm an AME student n got a doubt plz help me

shivaAME
9th Mar 2010, 14:26
wat are the checks carried out on an aircraft after a flight?

purgatore75
9th Mar 2010, 14:55
Usually on modern transport aa/cc at the end of a fully flights day the aircraft stops for at least 6/10 hrs usually during night; during this period of ground time maintenance staff starts a pre-determined checks involving all kind of fluid servicing, operational checks of all a/c systems and checks for any discrepancies found by the flight crews during all the daily flights. This kind of work is called DAILY CHECK and last for 24h. This kind of maintenance tasks are aimed to re-new the airworthiness of the a/c for the following days. An a/c is considered NOT aiworthy if has its daily check expired!!! Then you can have Weekly checks, monthly checks called A checks and so on deeper and deeper in degrees of inspections; all of those periodic checks usually ends with a complete revision (in hangars) of the structure during which the a/c metal skin is completely removed, paint removed, engines removed, interiors (seats, carpets, bin lockers, galleys, toilettes removed, etc...) all removed, in order to revise all the components searching for any fault or cracks. They are called C and D checks; N.B. For a "D check" an a/c can be grounded at least for 1 month....
All those checks are scheduled by the company owner with the authority and are resumed into a book called Maintenance Program Book. Each a/c strictly follows its own maintenance program otherwise the authority must verify satis its airworthiness to let the company continue flying with that a/c. Hope It was all clear.....:p
Any other questions?

spannersatcx
9th Mar 2010, 17:27
at the end of a fully flights day the aircraft stops for at least 6/10 hrs usually during night this may be for shorthaul.

We get 90 mins to perform a daily check after 12-14hr flts. This includes fixing all the cabin defects, a/c defects, refuelling etc etc. any mandatory checks that are required.

bvcu
9th Mar 2010, 17:35
and of course getting into the galleys before anyone else for daily check........

purgatore75
9th Mar 2010, 19:55
:bored: less than 2 hrs you can perform a good daily check for a falcon 50!!Aniway depends at which a/c we are referring to....generally speaking we consider a working team of 2 mechanic....I was explaining the theory....In practice the daily check takes less if you consider several factors:
more than 2 persons
small/medium a/c (A319,b737,etc)
good weather condition
During day light
Remember always safety first.....then your sign.....:)

Dodo56
10th Mar 2010, 09:13
Agree with purgatore, the daily check is a fairly thorough walkround visual inspection and check of fluids and tyres. No system tests other than maybe lights. Takes about 2 hours on a small aircraft. The exact workscope is tailored to the operation and aircraft types so you can't say exactly what it will be in every case without checking the maintenance program where it will be published.

And shiva, please don't use txt spk when asking technical questions. It doesn't do your credibility any good, this isn't Facebook.

matkat
10th Mar 2010, 09:26
I also agree with purgatore but not system(all) checks never have done that on a dailly.

purgatore75
10th Mar 2010, 10:33
Right guys,
I know that everyone takes as a reference the company that he is working for....that is good but is not the general law for all other aircrafts.
For example my daily check consists on checking all the systems by operational tests from the cockpit so......I need to "use"all the swithces, levers, FMC functions and ACARS tests and it takes 30 min at least for verifying. Depends how much time you have, man power and attitude of working....if someone asks you to hurry always says:"...pls let me working in a safe way...." or "...if I will sign the book I will take the time I need, otherwise Do It by yourself and sign your book pls".
That's my opinion.....:p

HAWK21M
20th Apr 2010, 08:33
Depending on the check due.....The approved schedule will lists the Actions to be performed.
Normally post flights if its the last of the day,then Chocking,Oil servicing ,Rat proofing the LGs,Installing Engine blanks,Pitot stattic port covers & fuel tank water draining after the Aircraft has halted for a period of 2hrs approx.

StereoTech
26th Apr 2010, 14:58
Basically, Aircraft Maintenance is divided into two types of checks/Mx:

1. Line Mx : Performed Post/Pre flight and can be performed without the need for the Aircraft going in the hangar. Includes tyre change, oil change, brake assy change and A checks. In these checks, the main priority is dispatching the Aircraft with minimum delays.
2. Major/Heavy Mx: Performed after a couple of thousand flight hours depending on the type of check. Requires the Aircraft to be taken in a hangar. Includes overhaul, modifications stripping and re assembly, detailed inspections. Complete check without any ignorance is the priority. In these checks you get a lot of chance to learn about the systems.

Dodo56
28th Apr 2010, 07:47
shivaAME, your Maintenence Programme will lay out what checks are to be done. If you are operating to the MPD then refer to that. As you will have gathered from the above responses it varies between aircraft.

And please, don't use txt spk if you want to be taken seriously.

ChicagoJohn
28th Apr 2010, 14:21
And please, don't use txt spk if you want to be taken seriously. - thanks for the advice.

spannersatcx
28th Apr 2010, 17:05
the main priority is dispatching the Aircraft with minimum delays I would have to disagree with that, the main priority has to be safety surely?

Yes it's always a bonus to get an a/c dispatched on time and at a reasonable cost, within budget even, but safety has to be the priority, or have I got that wrong?:sad:

HAWK21M
1st May 2010, 07:51
Safety is Paramount....But the importance of OTP [On time performance] is always present.