PDA

View Full Version : What is the pay for pilots at Iberia?

Dave
8th Mar 2010, 18:41
Just wondering if anyone has good hard data/facts. Press reports were 190k euros on average, which seems highers than Lufty, Airfrance, KLM, BA, etc

Thanks.

LEVC
8th Mar 2010, 20:58
Hi, you will find that most spanish companies have an agreement which is unique to them, where one can find the terms and conditions of the employees of the said company.
This agreement is called "convenio colectivo" (Colective agreement)usually negotiated by the unions and management, and each and every agreement of this kind is published in the BOE (Official state bulletin).
This agreement is renewed every few years and can be seen by anybody even through internet.

You only need to look for the particular IB agreement in the BOE and you will be able to see the info you need, of course you will have to calculate by yourself the variable part of the pay (per diems, duty time ,etc ,etc).

The only problem is that is all in spanish, so youŽll need to know the language or find somebody able to give you a hand.

As for the info given in the newspaper, I do not think is to be trusted :=, better look for yourself on the BOE and get proper information.

By the way, the figures youŽll get are before taxes, in order to get net figures expect to substract for Captains and senior F/OŽs 45% tax approximately, for junior F/OŽs around 20% taxes.

LEVC

beachbumflyer
9th Mar 2010, 03:40
190k euros on average? No way.

kick the tires
9th Mar 2010, 08:00
That might explain why they are losing so much money.

A 15yr Longhaul Captain is on approx €190K gross, hardly the 'average'.

Microburst2002
9th Mar 2010, 08:37
Never trust the media!

They always get the info from the airlines, who includes everything, including hotel costs, training costs, medical insurance, absolutely everything, and before taxes, of course.

Never ever trusts journalists. Even when they want to give true and complete information (only from time to time, I'm afraid) the fail to do so.

I am sure that Iberian captains would sign for 190k a year right now.