PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MCC & JOC courses

Zouzi
8th Mar 2010, 16:30
Hello!

Recently, I started looking around for MCC and JOC courses. Can anyone recommend the good schools that offer quality courses within the UK please.

Thanks for any help!

Aviator2008
8th Mar 2010, 22:36
I would recommend European Skybus Limited down in Bournemouth. Obviously i have only done the course once and can not comment on what other schools are like, but i was very impressed with their training and it is all completed on a ful motion 737-200 sim ...... quite good fun:ok: If you have any other questions PM me.

A08

rogerg
9th Mar 2010, 08:02
Oxford are doing some good deals at the moment. They use a 737-400 or CRJ sim.

flyer101
9th Mar 2010, 08:53
I've had several students and friends use CRM Aviation Europe at Cranfield Airport. They seem to provide a great course, on a good simulator and are really well priced. I think its still under £1500 pounds, correct me if im wrong.

Kyriakos
9th Mar 2010, 18:57
I was also debating between CRM and Skybus.
Paid 400 pounds more for the full motion 737-200 sim that Skybus offers and its really worth it.

flyer101
10th Mar 2010, 11:35
I was wondering, a lot of people choose motion over non-motion, what was worth the extra £400?

I completed my mcc on a full motion simulator too, but the only real benefit for me was that i got to bounce around a bit! When i did some other work on a CRJ simulator I found the visuals and flight experience to be just as realistic, minus the funny feeling in my tummy!

Zouzi
10th Mar 2010, 14:40
Many thanks for all your suggestions!! It's greatly appreciated! :ok::ok:

SweWB
16th Mar 2010, 12:25
I agree with Aviator2008
As I only did MCC once, I couldn't compare different training locations. But with Skybus in Bournemouth you won't feel cheated. Me and my girlfriend came over to Bournemouth from Sweden, did our training in 8 days (3 days ground, 5 days flight) and loved it. We stayed in town and took the bus every morning, so we got a bit of vacation out of it aswell. Our instructor was the head of training capt Meldon, and he really is knowledgeable and dedicated.

I'm wondering though about the JetOC? I've really only seen Wizzair requiring it when recruiting. Is it worth spending money on? Or is an MCC completed in a jet to be considered JetOC?