PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet interview

Giggey
8th Mar 2010, 12:36
Coming soon, anybody been there lately which is willing to share info's?

regards.

GJ

Agaricus bisporus
8th Mar 2010, 12:45
Bring chequebook and vaseline. Smile. Say thank you.

WaterMeths
8th Mar 2010, 13:07
I second that.......basically when I had my interview it was 2004 and times were different then. Now just keep adding the naughts to the cheque and watch them rub their hands !!

Sorry but it is topical at the moment............

If any use at all - the format then was a HR interview, Tech interview, silly group play with plastic tubes and rope (not kinky honest) and a psychometric and written exam.

To be honest I felt wasted at the end of the day - but thankfully was asked back for the second day where you can chill out more with the sim assessment.

If you want any more details about the day PM me by all means.

Cheers WM

Giggey
8th Mar 2010, 13:57
Guys i'm going for senior f/o not pay for fly.

thanks for the answers.

gj.

The Flying Cokeman
8th Mar 2010, 14:25
About the interview I can give you a few hints. First of all get your hands on Gary Bristow's Book "Techical Ace" and the book "How to prepare for Cathay Pacific interview". If you know these two books inside out there will be no surprises at the tech interview and written tech quiz (although there are a few mistakes in the Bristow book).

The interview consist of 2 parts. One is the HR part and the second is the pilot technical part.
Before going- think of different situations you have had in life/working carreer.
Questions could be similar to this:

"Describe a situation in which you had to work under particular or additional pressure. What was the cause of the pressure? How did you feel? What impact did it have on your work?"

or

"Give me an example of when you have experienced a setback at work. What happened? How did you react?"

or

"Give me an example of when you had to organise a piece of work, project or event. How did you prepare and plan for it? What time scales did you set? How well did it go?"

or

"We all have to make unpopular decisions that may affect others, describe a situation when you had to take an unpopular decision. Why did you take that decision? How did your people who were affected react? What did you learn from this experience?"

and for the pilot part:

"When is Vmcg a factor in a take-off calculation?"

or

"What is a balanced field take off?"

or

"What are the 4 Takeoff segments?"

or

"How does Center of Gravety (CofG) affect the stall speed?"

or

"What are the pro’s and con’s of podded/underslung engines?"

or

"Tell me about flight through turbulence on your A/C type?"

You should get the idea by now

The CPI260 test you can't do much about, just answer honestly and there will be no traps in your profile assessment.

Hope that helps and good luck

Giggey
8th Mar 2010, 15:09
Again going back to Atpl questions....uhm..my brain is already starting to make smoke..
About the books i don't think i'll make it to get them as i was called today for interview next week, by the time i receive them it's already time to leave for London.

Do you know if the interview is going to be exactly the same as before or different as we are talking about 6 month contract job?

Hope it's worth it.

Thanks a lot.

The Flying Cokeman
8th Mar 2010, 15:25
My assessment was more than 4 years ago so who knows :\
Somehow I doubt it has changed over the years and I would imagine you would go through the normal HR/pilot interview and tech quiz as they want to see whether you fit their "box". The tech quiz is based on the Cathay book so could still be worth a try to get that book in time :ok:
For the CPI250 test they normally email that one to you so it has all been assessed on the day you do the interview. With such a short notice for your interview you could be doing that one on the day??

Akrapovic
8th Mar 2010, 15:55
[QUOTE]Guys i'm going for senior f/o not pay for fly./QUOTE]

Aren't you going for the ctc flexicrew? It seems that is the case from your previous posts?

Giggey
8th Mar 2010, 15:59
Isn't it the same?i mean, aren't they hiring either cadets and experienced?
Actually i'm going with an agency.

Cheers

VdV
8th Mar 2010, 17:48
So its an agency, NOT an actual easyJet interview; those things dont happen anymore. Welcome to the festival of misery.....

The Flying Cokeman
8th Mar 2010, 18:01
VDV,

As far as I've heard on the line these contract FO's are subject to do an EZY assessment interview before being issued with contract employment through the agency

Zippy Monster
8th Mar 2010, 18:19
Bear in mind that FlexiCrew isn't solely for cadets; it arose out of the requirement to employ on a contractor basis and a lot of ex-cadets are employed through it, but anyone can apply to join, including those with experience. The original poster might well have applied and therefore have a CTC interview coming up, and given the close relationship between CTC and easyJet it's reasonable to assume the interview will be similar to what's been described regardless of who's conducting it.

Manilo72
9th Mar 2010, 01:33
Any fresh info about this selection process?

billybuds
9th Mar 2010, 09:58
I believe if your going through Parc then you do an EZY assesment at Burgess Hill, if you are going through CTC then you do their assessment.

mrmach
10th Mar 2010, 08:50
How much does the CTC screening cost? (trip & hotel not included):confused:

billybuds
10th Mar 2010, 09:41
No idea, but I do know the Parc assessment is free :ok:

X-BleedOpen
10th Mar 2010, 10:17
I can confirm... CTC is asking for 150£, and PARC is free.

Billybuds, I sent you a PM.

daelo
10th Mar 2010, 21:24
Hi,

anyone who will go for the ctc selection the 19th of march?
Please send me a pm

fpuentegomez
14th Mar 2010, 13:08
can anyone provide the link to apply through PARC?
thanx in advance