PDA

View Full Version : SKBO to SAEZ

DCAHH
8th Mar 2010, 09:14
Good morning,

we will do a flight from KHPN via SKBO to SAEZ in the mid of march.

I have never flown before in SAM, so i need some useful informations, please.

VHF Coverage
English Speaking
Enroute Alternates
etc!

Thanks for any help in advance.

Plane: C680 Citation Sovereign!

ericthepilot
9th Mar 2010, 06:10
Both airports have good handling and fully good English speaking people on staff. We used Colt for planning. Universal has their people also on both airports. VHF coverage is sufficient all the way around. Enough alternates, along the shoreline and on the overflight.
Colt / Universal can set up the hotels for you and get the better crew rates. Both cities are safe enough to walk around during daytime, just be smart ablout going around. Plan well ahead, so everything can be coordinated properly is the trick.

Enjoy the trip !!

DCAHH
9th Mar 2010, 10:16
Hi Eric,

thanks for info! We have everything well prepared with AirRouting, SKBO is only a fuel stop!

If you remind any other useful information, please let me know.

What about radar coverage? Is it recommended to fly offtrack like in Africa?

Thanks again!

con-pilot
9th Mar 2010, 17:33
Just a couple of things about Bogotá. Plan on holding, it is not a bad as it used to be before the new runway was opened, but still be ready to be placed in a holding patten during the busy part of the day.

If the same people Universal used in the past are still providing services at SKBO you will have very good fast turn around.

And lastly, check your performance charts, as SKBO does sit in a valley with a very high elevation; 8361 feet/2548 meters. Also some of the standard departures routes require a steep climb gradient. You need to review them as well.

With a few exceptions ATC English is very good, however, the exceptions can be nearly impossible to understand.

Have a good trip.

Denim and leather
9th Mar 2010, 18:28
Hi,

For SAEZ I have already been there last year there is no problem at this airport
the handler responsable guy is an Irish ,and so no language barrer.

Enjoy.

Pilocol
10th Mar 2010, 11:47
Hi DCAHH .. if is just a fuel stop, go to SKCL ... less hasle ...
English all the way pretty good ...
Did that route for years on T/Props ... great views if you get day flying over the Andes ... :ok:
Enjoy

Kep it safe :ok:

W9SQD
10th Mar 2010, 12:31
"What about radar coverage? Is it recommended to fly offtrack like in Africa?"

As in the NATS and Africa, SLOP is your friend in Brazil.

DCAHH
11th Mar 2010, 16:02
Thanks a lot for help! DCAHH