PDA

View Full Version : Massey University Selection Process

yepp87
8th Mar 2010, 00:05
Hello all.

After months of researching different flight schools and getting information about the pros and cons of different schools throughout NZ. I have decided to enrol at Massey Uni.

I was wandering if any current or past students at Massey could shed some light on how to do "well" on the interview and the simulator assessments. My english is not my first language and would like some advice or maybe, what questions you were asked?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Regards

SPEEDI
24th May 2010, 10:37
Gday just saw your post on the other forum and wanted to avoid all the garbage thats been said over there and actually answer your question.
Expect a basic written essay, an online aptitude test, a sim check and an interview.

Good luck

campin_hobo
25th May 2010, 21:18
They asked me to write an essay about the weekend just been or another memorable one. I choose the one where I had my 18th.

Other than that just basic math in your head, such as giving you the fuel and fuel burn and working out endurance, or asking how far you would have gone in 25mins if you go at 100kts.

Interview was pretty standard. Didn't feel very formal, as during my interview we could overhear a student getting grilled over a shocking flight in the next room.

Sim doesn't really matter, just checking your initial ability/experience I guess. I had bugger all experience before getting in, and barley managed to keep it S&L.

Long as you realise you have to get down and work hard its all good! From a class of 26 or 27 only about 10 reached the end on time.