PDA

View Full Version : Monarch to Fuerteventura - Which aircraft?

TheHeff
7th Mar 2010, 18:58
Its vacation time again and I'm flying Monarch from Manchester to Fuerteventura on 17th April. As all of the airline's fleet can do the distance, has anybody got any idea which bird its likely to be? Many thanks

aidoair
7th Mar 2010, 19:53
It's scheduled as a A320 so this should be your aircraft unless any last minute changes on the day! :ok:

TheHeff
7th Mar 2010, 20:03
Thanks aidoair. Looks like I'm in for an horendous four hours in a sardine tin. Never mind, the end justifies the means. Many thanks again.

ps: I'm intrigued - where do you get your info??? :)

TSR2
7th Mar 2010, 23:35
You can always upgrade to extra legroom seats. There are plenty still available on that flight.

partyboy_uk
8th Mar 2010, 01:17
ps: I'm intrigued - where do you get your info???Very simply by searching for the flight on Monarch's website and making a booking as far as the seat map which shows the seats that are still available to reserve on the flight and which aircraft you are flying.

Swannecker
8th Mar 2010, 04:01
Agree, extra legroom seats well worth it or try to prebook the seats adjacent to the over-wing exits as long you're not travelling with minors.

4 hours in a Monarch aircraft is a much more pleasurable experience that 4 hours in certain other airlines.......

JEM60
8th Mar 2010, 08:36
Save your money. Get up, walk around, talk to the girls and boys at the back. Enjoy your time on my favourite Canary Island. Try not to get put off by the total nudity that exists on many of the fabulous beaches. {I'm really looking forward to 11½ hours to Sao Paulo, Brazil on Friday night!!!:{:{}:)

TheHeff
9th Mar 2010, 21:02
Hi People. Apologies, but I've been away for a couple of days, but thanks for your varied and valued inputs. TSR2 and Swannecker - agreed - extra legroom is the way to go. :ok: Swannecker - Would you be talking about a certain Irish company, by any chance? :mad: Party_boy - "Why didn't I think of that???" - Thanks, my friend.:O Jem60 - Can't wait! I'll avert my eyes at the appropriate locations.:cool: Enjoy Brazil. :)Serious note. If you've never been to Brazil before, watch out for the gangs of ten-year-old kids after dark - innocent looking, but be warned - they're lethal little creeps. Again, thanks to you all.

ukcharter666
11th Mar 2010, 20:15
what time do u arrive on the 17th?

im going on the 17th with tcx out of gatwick arrive at 17,20

JEM60
12th Mar 2010, 06:50
THE HEFF
Thanks for the advice re Brazil. Bit like South Africa used to be then. Not going on the streets. Catching another flight to a cruise ship at Salvador de Bahia, then up past Cape Verde and Canaries etc., Have fun.:)

crispey
12th Mar 2010, 11:58
I paid the extra money-when on board-for more leg room on the MON 767 MAN to Catania last year.Well worth it as I'm 6-1 and being in the middle bank was a tight squeeze.Incidentally I checked in early,just as they opened up in fact,and was told that I could not have a window or aisle seat as they had all been pre allocated.

I was on a package but with a small tour operator.Obviously the bigger players had taken both sides leaving only the central seats available on the day.It would be good to be able get a better seat when booking with an inclusive operator but as most of my flying is done independantly I usually get what I ask for.

TheHeff
15th Mar 2010, 22:13
We're getting there about 19:45 (schedule) and then on to the south of the island. Buy you a drink if we meet (let me know and maybe we can arrange something) :ok: Cheers

TheHeff
15th Mar 2010, 22:29
crispey

A 767 would be nice. At least you had the room to take a walk (two aisles 'n stuff). Poxy A320 doesn't do it for me. Is it just me, or do Airbus birds have more "plastic" than their US counterparts? God knows who I've booked with . . . but I'm doing the upgrades myself. Cheers for comments and enjoy your travels :)