PDA

View Full Version : US Operators Performing FAA Part 133 Class D?

Redhawk 83
7th Mar 2010, 12:53
Are there any US Commercial Operators (EMS, 135, 133??) that do Part 133 Class D (live human hoists of not just employees/crew but "customers")?

If so; where can one see a OPSPEC for that?

I know of civil (State, County,Local Gov't, US Gov't) doing this but on the Commercial side; I have only found one that does this with its' own employees. The USFS contracts (if there are any beyond rappelling) or US Army contracts; I assume are done under the cover of Uncle Sam?

Any help/guidance would be appreciated!

I almost put this on JH; then the alcohol wore off and I was able regain lucidness!

Redhawk 83

HeloDrvr
7th Mar 2010, 13:12
Intermountain LifeFlight out of Salt Lake is a non-govt. HEMS operator that conducts hoist rescues using A109K2's.

Check them out at:
www.intermountainlifeflight.org/

Redhawk 83
8th Mar 2010, 11:34
HeloDrvr, thanks for the info. When I read their website; it looked like they don't charge for the part of the flight from the time of the hoist to a suitable landing area....but maybe that is how it has to be done with the FAA for a commercial operator.....thanks again!

Redhawk 83

rick1128
8th Mar 2010, 12:40
I know there used to be an operator out of Astoria, Oregon that did Class D with Harbor Pilots with an Agusta 109 or 119 for several years.

inputshaft
8th Mar 2010, 15:34
Arctic Air provides the aircraft, A109E, and pilots for the Columbia River Bar Pilots. That service has been in operation in one form or another for about 13 yrs and is, as far as I know, the only FAA approved commercial hoisting service in the US.

Cougar Helicopters provides a hoist equipped S92 and S61 in the GoM, but operate that service under their Canadian certificate within a NAFTA exemption.