PDA

View Full Version : John "Keith" Pickett RIP

biggles99
6th Mar 2010, 16:56
It is with deep sadness that I tell you about the sudden death of Keith Pickett.

For the past two years we've worked together to set up the Veritair Aviation Academy.

He's been more than a business partner and we'll all miss him dreadfully. He's been a Friend, Mentor, Font of all Information CAA related and many other things.

Keith has been in aviation for years and years, and I've lost count of the number of pilots who've told me "yes, I was taught by Keith".

For a while now he hasn't taught in the air, but he was teaching just last week in his beloved simulators -- the A109 at Cardiff and the Duchess at Bournmouth.

His son, Rhys, would love to hear from any of you that know him.

You can post on this thread, (and I will forward your comments) or you can contact Rhys direct by email,
Rhys.Pickett(at)ricardo.com

RIP, JKP.

Big Ls

docstone
7th Mar 2010, 13:34
A terribly sad loss - I understand Keith died suddenly on his beloved boat, a very fair way to hang up one's flying gloves. He'll be much missed, RIP Keith

DKM
8th Mar 2010, 07:40
First met Keith when he did some of my sim work for my IR(H) on the A109 along with Don Macdonald. Very nice man with an enthusiasm for teaching that rubbed off on to his students. Fast forward 18 months and I find myself working with him on his beloved A109 sim and writing the manuals for a whole gaggle of courses from ppl to mcc.

He had a vast knowledge and experience of all things aviation (even though he was fixed wing cousin!!) and I for one will miss being able to walk down the corrider and ask him a question or seek clarification on some point.

I feel very cold and lonely in the sim shed this morning.

Farewell Keith and I wish you good sailing wherever you may be.

D1, H & Iolo