PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Management, Are you Listening??

B Sousa
22nd Nov 2001, 16:27
I just returned from a long trip on Virgin. The ticket was from Las Vegas to Joberg via London. Everything was great EXCEPT, the surprise I got when I received the ticket.
Land at Gatwick, collect your things, go through all the hoops and get back on at Heathrow. Reverse that on the way back with a four hour window. A real major pain in the ass. If this has to be, one would think that Virgin would arrange a shuttle and that bags would be checked through. As one who hunts occasionally, it will be impossible to bring guns through with this type of service. They must be checked through.(Hello, that means another airline next year)

The_Banking_Scot
22nd Nov 2001, 22:59
Brian,

To be fair to Virgin, I belive that no through check in between Heathrow and Gatwick has followed on from the events of 11th September. British Airways on its news and security page states that for the moment there is no through check in between Heathrow and Gatwick. (I think BA used to give a Speedlink coach ticket for those passengers booked all the way through on BA ( I do not know what the arrangements are for Virgin)

B Sousa
23rd Nov 2001, 19:40
Even the including a Speedlink ticket would have been a hint as to what was to be done. I just got a airline ticket with destinations. It was up to me to figure out how and where to go. Speed link did save the day, but it could have been a disaster with traffic conditions. Looks like BA will also have to work on things. Either way the two different airports are not what is considered normal. Maybe it will be Northwest/KLM from now on.
thanks