PDA

View Full Version : Emirates: The ONLY Smoking Gulf Airline?

bravo 2-0
13th Apr 2001, 23:11
Is EK the only Arab Gulf airline that persists in allowing this filthy,toxic,unhealthy habit to continue on board its flights?

Is it not time that they placed a ban on all smoking?

While they still allow this practise, they will not be my top airline in the world?

deepee
14th Apr 2001, 06:57
Heard a whisper that EK was soon to become non-smoking.Hope it's true as I won't fly with them again until that happens.

------------------
"I don't suffer from stress.I'm a carrier".

ExSimGuy
14th Apr 2001, 10:07
One man's meat . . .

Since GF stopped smoking (and started losing my luggage with monotonous regularity :mad: ) Flying EK is a very attractive option for me :)

Just put me in the back row and turn up the airflow from front to back ;)

You might guess from this that I'm a smoker who has to spend a couple of hours checking-in, sometimes in an airport with no smoking areas, a flight of 6 to 8 hours, then hang around the baggage hall etc for another hour (longer with GF as it takes a while to be really certain they have lost my bags!) where there is no smoking allowed and nowhere to go to have a smoke.

I guess one day I'll just have to quit :)

------------------
What goes around . . .
. . often lands better!

five percent
16th Apr 2001, 23:04
One day passengers will realise that it is not airlines that lose bags - it is the staff of airports used that handle that task.

Airlines have to use handling agents to handle baggage and have no control over these matters.

Constructive critism is good but an open mind and logic goes a long way.

Enjoy the smoking while it lasts. As a smoker have never seen anything better than the day most modern airlines adapted a no-smoking policy.

Problem on smoking flights generally not the smokers but those who insist on having no smoking seats and going down the back for a cigarette when they fancy one. No consideration for others as they can go back to the clean atmosphere when they feel like it and leave the smoking passengers trying to sleep in a deep fog most of the flight.

ExSimGuy
17th Apr 2001, 12:33
Okay 5% ;)

I'd better re-phrase that :) GF's hub is BAH - which is where someone lost my bags the first time, and where on the next flight with them they "couldn't find us an aircraft" (how can you lose an airbus http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif ) and delayed us for 12 hours and then divided the pax between BAH-LHR and BAH-DXB-LHR, but someone didn't get the right bags on the right flights!

My original comment about GF was really a little tongue-in-cheek, as I've flown with them many times and generally found the service to be up there with the best of them :)

------------------
What goes around . . .
. . often lands better!

[This message has been edited by ExSimGuy (edited 17 April 2001).]