PDA

View Full Version : Google Picasa Problem

ExSp33db1rd
6th Mar 2010, 08:06
Google Picasa Photo-editing programme.

I use Picasa, it may not be the best but is user-friendly and I like it - until today.

I have just discovered a new folder has been created at the bottom of my Albums list, this is called Persons, and is slowly filling up with every face that it can find from all my collection of photographs, some 6,700+ at the moment, and counting.

I don't want this.

I have found a note from various Help facilities that the Persons folder cannot be deleted, and certainly I can't, tho' I can apparently delete each face in turn !

Any clues ?

Hokulea
6th Mar 2010, 09:43
I use Picasa and haven't seen this problem, but let me know if this helps:

---
How do I turn off face recognition and get rid of the Unnamed people file?

Turn off face detection by going to Tools => Options => Name tags and un-check the two check boxes. More info here (http://picasa.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=106509).
Right-click on each individual person folder and select "Delete People Album".
To delete the Unnamed album at the top of the People collection, click Expand Groups (upper right corner), then select and delete all the faces.
---

It's from this website (http://sites.google.com/site/picasaresources/faq).

frostbite
6th Mar 2010, 11:46
I've just had a look at my Picasa (3.00) and there's no Persons folder to be seen.

From your description, I don't think I want one either.

Blues&twos
6th Mar 2010, 11:52
Thanks both! I hadn't even spotted Picasa was doing this.

It isn't now.

My People folder turned up at the top of my folders list.

BombayDuck
6th Mar 2010, 12:06
Google's default position on most new features is opt-out instead of opt-in. Annoys the heck outta me! :*

frostbite
6th Mar 2010, 19:49
The Picasa feature I'm wondering about is the picture editing section.

When you (for example) crop a picture, is it written over the orginal?

I ask because there's a 'Save to Disk' button, under which it says 'nn file(s) edited'. So does that mean when you click on that, you are replacing the original, or creating another file in an unknown folder?

Out Of Trim
7th Mar 2010, 00:36
No, all the editing including crops can be undone.

There is no need to save after your editing at all. Just make any enhancements you wish and go onto the next image and Picasa will keep the original image intact but remember the adjustments you have made.

You can then export your edited files to another folder for whatever you want them for.