PDA

View Full Version : TV producer seeks freight dogs and aerobatic pilots

dillardrg
5th Mar 2010, 21:03
From another forum:

TV Show Seeks Aerobatic Pilots & Freight Dogs
Emmy Award Winning Production Company Seeks Aerobatic Pilots, Race Pilots and Freight Dogs!

We're looking for dedicated, passionate pilots with big personalities to star in an upcoming documentary TV series about the professional life and times of aviators: we're particularly interested in hearing from aerobatic competitors, race pilots, and cargo pilots.

Interested applicants: tell us a little about yourself and your work, and include any photos or links to relevant videos/websites.

To tell you a little more about who we are: the creators of Discovery Channel’s Cash Cab, the hit PBS series History Detectives, and SWAT USA for Court TV, Lion Television is one of the most successful independent production companies in the United Kingdom and United States. We create hundreds of hours of programming every year that air on major broadcasters in the UK and US, including Discovery, MTV, Court (now TruTV), PBS, and many more. You can learn more about us by reading the attached document or visiting our website, www.liontv.com (http://www.liontv.com/).

That is all the information I have.
Ron
advancedtailwheeltraining.com

Agaricus bisporus
5th Mar 2010, 21:19
If they want to describe the life of a dedicated professional pilot perhaps they should examine the lifes of the poor dupes who've spent £100,000 to buy a licence, pay the airline £30,000 to buy a job and then work for free for several months, eventually to get into the scam of working an un-guaranteed amount of hours per month but only when they are needed (ie fill-in summer only) with no holidays, no sick pay, no nothing, and are paid about the same as a jobbing house painter or carpenter. This sort of swindle was made illegal in the Mills in the mid 1800s, and has only just re-surfaced like a nasty plague in the last year ot two. Mr Producer...

Race pilots! Sh!t loads of them about, aren't there?

Ps. Note to the producer. I think you'll find race pilots tend to be wealthy amateurs...as do aerobatic pilots.

OldCessna
6th Mar 2010, 02:14
Not again...

How many original Reality TV spectaculars can we endure?

Why do they always pick on Freight Dogs for the answer?

Why not do a documentary on MK at least thats interesting & who knows where that might lead?

tie domi
6th Mar 2010, 03:05
now try Intavia for some really good stories or Air Charter Services from Mirabel in the 80,s.Or Trans Afric. during the Angola civil war,
The list is endless

CR2
6th Mar 2010, 17:23
Old Cessna, my thoughts exactly.

If I were suspicious, that would be a plug for the website listed under "Ron's" name.

:hmm: