PDA

View Full Version : FAA CPL preparing for DGCA conversion

joshrain
5th Mar 2010, 17:55
Hello friends,

I will be going to the states to study for FAA CPL.

I have few questions:

- what courses/classes shall i take so when i return the conversion to DGCA would be easy. (any advise/pitfalls to avoid would be appreciated)

- i have read there are some extra exams that need to be done by DGCA (called the DGCA conversion exams). what subjects do they consists of and where can i find study guides/questions online for self study, any CBT (computer based training) would be helpful.

- any extra flying hours or special flying courses that need to be done to ensure smooth transition?

- are the same logbooks used when flying between countries?

=====

in addition, i have heard about FAA -> JAA helps in job search, has anyone done these conversion?

last, to get a job as a pilot in US, INDIA, UK, etc must one be a citizen/residence of that country?

soaring.high
5th Mar 2010, 18:14
Hi josh,
Check your PM.Send me a reply..:)

jimmygill
5th Mar 2010, 18:51
Hello friends,
I will be going to the states to study for FAA CPL.
I have few questions:

- what courses/classes shall i take so when i return the conversion to DGCA would be easy. (any advise/pitfalls to avoid would be appreciated)

- i have read there are some extra exams that need to be done by DGCA (called the DGCA conversion exams). what subjects do they consists of and where can i find study guides/questions online for self study, any CBT (computer based training) would be helpful.

- any extra flying hours or special flying courses that need to be done to ensure smooth transition?

- are the same logbooks used when flying between countries?

=====

in addition, i have heard about FAA -> JAA helps in job search, has anyone done these conversion?

last, to get a job as a pilot in US, INDIA, UK, etc must one be a citizen/residence of that country?

1. Split your training in following parts
A. Single engine PPL + IR
B. Come back home take the DGCA exams and the RT Exams
C1. Once DGCA exams are clear go back to USA and get your CPL+ME ratings
If you could not clear the RT exam before clearing your DGCA exams
C2. Go to canada get Canadian RT and Convert your FAA CPL to Canadian

D. Come back and submit your papers.

Keith Williams ATPL question banks are a good resource for DGCA exams to begin with.

Goodluck, happy landings, and in the beginning look outside the cockpit.