PDA

View Full Version : Contract Positions

Trispool
5th Mar 2010, 14:36
I am being furloughed by a US major box hauler; I am very interested in some of the positions being advertised for in Asia. I noticed these positions are advertised for by multiple crew leasing companies. Are there any differences between them? Or is it just a case of a job is a job and it doesn’t matter which contractor you go through.
Some of the contractors I am considering are:
Brookfield
Hawaii Avition
PARC
Rishworth

Thanks for any insight you guys have on this,
Trispool

Uncle Wiggily
5th Mar 2010, 14:49
Some people say that if you are a US resident then it is better to go through Hawaii Aviation Contracts? Honestly, though it does not matter. I met with the Parc people before and they are professional. Most posts concerning Parc say that they have never had an issue with a paycheck or scheduled days off. A contract actually means something.

Have just read negative posts about Rishworth, but have never personally dealt with them.

Brookfield seems preoccupied with selling amusement park rides (cadet positions at european Locost carrier). Maybe they are good, but I don't know.

Good luck:)

Nightrider
5th Mar 2010, 15:14
amusement park rides

Now that must refer to the outfit with the harp....:E

Mike Higgins
11th Mar 2010, 05:58
Cheers, working for Rishworth. They are unethical!
Some of you may have seen this from other links. Feel free to pass the word around!
Vietnam's fine. Flying is great, living's ok! Vietnam has been working for several years to cut the service fee that the contractor's make off of each of us. PARC ate the cut. Rishworth did not. They just passed along a retroactive pay cut for last August through January 10! Completely illegal, but they think they'll get away with it. Now the pilot group here is forced to sue their own management company! Just terrible!
PARC is a class act. Bottom line, avoid Rishworth, join PARC, work in Vietnam!

Whiskery
11th Mar 2010, 08:47
Have just read negative posts about Rishworth, but have never personally dealt with them.

Use Rishworth only if desperate for a job!

DownIn3Green
21st Mar 2010, 03:35
I've done 3 contracts for Brookfield, 1 for PARC and 1 for IASCO...All very above board and professional...pay as advertised, and always on time...

I've had friends who worked for Rishworth as PFE's...very shakey Capt's assigned...I wouldn't go because of pay issues ($3,000 USD for a 727 Cap't?) as I'm sure many others wouldn't as well...

They got 3rd world guys with virtually no International or Far East experience and my FE pals eventually jumped ship over safety issues...

Also, pay was always late and there were deductions that were never explained, nor in the contract...

Flight Detent
21st Mar 2010, 04:19
My experience with IASCO in Sydney (Armidale) is such that I will never work with them ever again, they were VERY unethical during the political unrest in Fiji, whilst I was flying for Air Pacific.
A testing time for everybody, but they failed the test!

Don't do it with IASCO!

pilothunter
4th May 2010, 23:27
Flight Detent, Perhaps you have your company name wrong as IASCO has never had a contract in Sydney for Air Pacific.

PH

Flight Detent
5th May 2010, 02:36
...I beg to differ...

FD...:mad:

DownIn3Green
5th May 2010, 20:26
Call Louise to find out...

Arabian Mustang
6th May 2010, 05:38
Flight detent, I think you are confusing IAC to IASCO. IAC is looking for crew to be based in the pacific at the moment.