PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell if my capm or f/o is a Pruner?

Tantrum
12th Sep 2000, 21:43
I am a frequent lurker here and a more frequent pax on UA. I am so tempted sometimes to lean towards the flight deck and say "Who here is a Pruner?" Is there some sort of secret handshake? Of course I'm being silly about the handshake, but it would be fun to know who in the cockpit is another member of the board.

Tantrum

redsnail
13th Sep 2000, 07:20
Depending on the company's stance on PPRuNe you may not find out. Some company's are happy with it, others hate it. Also, some of the crew may not like the other crew members knowing that they are PPRuNers, especially if they are one of the more colourful characters here. Best bet is to ask subtly and don't push it if you get the standard response "ah, yeah, heard of it but I don't go there often"
PPRuNers tend to relax about their activities when they know you are one too and not management! There is talk about stick pins etc but it depends on if you are allowed to wear it on your uniform. :)

------------------
reddo
A Feral Animal.

airwave
18th Sep 2000, 02:36
Yes the secret handshake goes as follows:

begin with a look in the eye, wink twice.
Shoot your hand forward, take it back at the last second and point to each other's sturnum. As soon as you each look down, synchronise your hands to flick up at one another's nose. Hold up your right hand in a high five attitude and then, a gentle slap to their face with your left. With your right hand still in the high five zone, grasp the back of their neck and pull the body in close. Now bump and grind a little and maintain eye contact. Wink twice again.

Not many people use it because it takes so long and you have to unbuckle yourself and stand up to make it effective.
Failing this, Reddo has a more practical approach

traveler
18th Sep 2000, 03:35
Soon ...stickers.

ExSimGuy
18th Sep 2000, 11:19
Just look for the discrete piece of dried fruit pinned to the lapel of my teeshirt :)

------------------
---- "Per Ardua ad Mixas" ----
(Through hardship to the bars)