PDA

View Full Version : Damage to knee cartilage pads (menisci)

GMS
4th Mar 2010, 21:02
Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I have a problem with the cartilages in one of my knees; damage to the cartilage pads (menisci), for which my doctor has recommended surgery. He assures me that in about 20 days I could be playing football again.

I work part time for a British charter company and I am not due back at work until the middle of May. I hope to have the operation around the 20th of March.

I would like to know of the experiences of any pilot licensed by the UK CAA. For example, do the CAA stipulate a minimum time off work after the operation? I would have almost two months.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

GMS

Loose rivets
5th Mar 2010, 03:11
This is a good little film on the subject.

YouTube - Knee Menisci (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucVRGTFw7K0)

Good luck.

A and C
6th Mar 2010, 06:55
Good luck with it all, too much football and a rather nasty injury eventualy resulted in a total knee replacement for me (35 years later).

I have no doubt that had todays technology been avalable when I was first injured I would still be standing on my own knee.

For those who are wondering the TKR works very well but is subject to all sorts of trouble with the self important numptys in security, most of the security staff have no problem with it but once in a while I am subjected to what I can only describe as an assult by one of them, you just have to put it down to a power trip by one of lifes failures.