PDA

View Full Version : How to become a frequent flier...

Self Loading Freight
10th Sep 2000, 18:20
Once again, aviation looms large in my future -- this time because the right hand seat of the SLF flight crew (she disputes seniority) is about to depart to Dublin for a year to do some studying. Since we're not particularly inclined to re-roster, this means I'm going to have to become an expert on getting large numbers of cheap flights from London to Dublin and back again.

Does anyone do a season ticket/block booking affair? Or is it going to be a constant monitoring job, keeping an eye on the deals available?

R

The Guvnor
10th Sep 2000, 19:31
Yes, British Midland do their EuroPass deal - you buy (and pay for) 10 tickets in advance. Good price - though probably not as good as buying a year's worth of APEX tickets, though! You also get membership of the Diamond Club thrown in - very useful when sitting at airports!

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

Self Loading Freight
11th Sep 2000, 17:23
Guv--

Thanks for that. They don't actually say on their website how much it would cost to buy one of those for Dublin, but from the example discounts quoted it's still orders of magnitude more expensive than slumming it with Crayon Air. I think I'll risk sitting outside with the plebs :)

R