PDA

View Full Version : Lhr-auh, 1999.

B314
4th Mar 2010, 15:59
This will either elicit a “I flew that route” or massed groans from the entire membership….
It’s one for the relevant BA pilots perhaps, or those who keep detailed records of this type..
Year: 1999
Month: March
Date (even the date!): 23rd-28th
Route: LHR – AUH
Aircraft: B777 (200?)
Likely Registrations: G-???
I’m assuming that with a 10.15 departure(local) here, arriving AUH 22.00 (local) and a return flight departing 02.00 it’s possible the same aircraft would be used on the return leg…..or maybe not? Perhaps it would leave within 2 hours for an onward destination with a UK bound plane arriving AUH at say 00.00 for departure at 02.00 to LHR?
If not and the same 2/3 aircraft were used back and forth any idea of the registrations? Why? Just curious as to what became of them, which I should find at the CAA database?

gas path
4th Mar 2010, 21:13
It would be the same a/c turning and flying back. More than likely the a/c used would have been G-ZZZA, B, C, D, or E.
ZD and ZE have been scrapped, the others are still going strong.

Britannia
5th Mar 2010, 12:13
According to Heathrow & Gatwick Airport Movements (http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk/) it was G-ZZZC on the 23rd and G-ZZZD on the 28th.

B314
6th Mar 2010, 02:04
Thanks gas path & Brittania, I nearly didn't post thinking it would appear way too nerdy, however I'm glad I did and I never fail to be impressed at the resource of knowledge here. Good to know the a/c are still in service too.