PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a pilot in India

Yearning_to_fly
4th Mar 2010, 15:46
Dear all,

I did my aeronautical engineering and for the past two years have been working at a technical post. I m thinking about taking flying as my next career move. Please advise me on it and whether there are any jobs available in the current market scenario.

YTF

A340AM
4th Mar 2010, 16:55
yearning 2 fly - umm , uv made the jump into the right field .The aviation sector is booming big time nd im so glad that youv decided to make the hop in.
As soon as you finish your cpl there will be roughly about all 7 indian companies at ur disposal , all fighting to take you , get u dun wid ur atlp asap nd get u on d left seat .
Since there is such a shortage already , there are schools whol get u to pay for ur cpl at one third of their package price.The Dgca will prolly decide to make an exception for u nd give u the right to start working in india wihtout clearing ur conversion papers if uv dun ur training from abroad.
No need 2 pay for ur type rating , the minute u get back 2 india , all d ceos will send their agents 2 ur house begging u 2 join their company.
so yea in short , the scope of u making it big in this field is HUGE.
Farewell brother:ok:

tmbpilot
4th Mar 2010, 17:04
funny man...hope you got the sarcasm dude...:oh::}

soaring.high
4th Mar 2010, 17:07
@A340AM,
Lol dude:} " Dil ko khush rakhne ko Ghalib yeh khayal achha hai!!"

@yearning_to_fly,
Well my friend I dont think it is the right time for you to take up flying as a career.So just wait a little and keep on working as a technical staff.If you love flying ,take up flying for the sake if it but not as a career.In the present scenario if you take up flying,probably you will end up joining the big pool of unemployed pilots and 20-25 lacks would have gone from you pocket to the flying school owners pocket!!

sunny441
5th Mar 2010, 03:26
I assume that you have a bachelors degree in Engineering? If that is the case - have you considered getting a masters degree of some sort (business/aviation/management)?

Depends on what your long term goals are - looking for a jet job with an airline? Looking to be an instructor? Looking to design stuff? Different people have different goals and what they want to do with the flying! Although jobs on a shiny jet are going to be tough to get - they are not impossible!

Yearning_to_fly
5th Mar 2010, 03:34
@A340AM Thanks for your reply man. I hope you are alright. As far as i can understand, this forum is for helping out each other and sharing knowledge, not castrating your balls on asking the very first question itself.
But I really appreciate you giving your time to show me the hatred and acrimony that you have been building inside. Anyways, take care.

@tmbpilot I read your post earlier and feel for you man. Thanks for clarifying the sarcasm thing :) What airlines have you applied for? Any replies?

@soaring.high Thank you for replying. I know people are going for their TypeRating courses to get jobs, but i am hoping i dont have to go through the same. Can you please shed a light on the current openings or future opening that Indian airlines might have. Thanks in advance.

Yearning_to_fly
5th Mar 2010, 03:37
@sunny441 Thanks for the reply. I joined the airline leaving behind a design job and now i am currently getting a job offer to become an instructor. But I really want to take up flying as a profession.

sunny441
5th Mar 2010, 03:55
when you say instructor do you mean a teaching job at a University?

I understand you want to take up flying as a profession - but I also hope you understand that you are not going to land a job flying a big jet right after you complete your training!! I would recommend working on your current job for a few years and building experience to go on your resume - while watching what the job market does!

Cheers!