PDA

View Full Version : whats the best seat?

jeroen
24th Feb 2001, 00:55
whats the best seat in premium economy in virgin from JFK to LHR? and then again from LHR to JHB thanks

The Sleeping Pax
25th Feb 2001, 02:10
In my most honest and sincere view, non of them. I would not give the bearded smirking self seeking publisist the satisfaction that he had my money for any of his enterprises. His airline was responsible for not one but THREE of my worst flights EVER! Virgin is NOT the sort of entrprise I wish to support!

Smoketrails
25th Feb 2001, 13:48
The Sleeping Pax,

And why not?!

BRUpax
25th Feb 2001, 16:03
Come on SLEEPING PAX, you've got to give us more than that!

Gemhardar
26th Feb 2001, 02:41
WOT, Virgin cracking, had the pleasure of flying them recently to the states, right from check in they were brill. The crew on the a/c were cracking as well as nice looking and very helpful to a wind up I was playing ona family member. On the way back they upgraded me for no reason at all. Cheers Virgin in particular the crew that took me out there, made a long boring flight in a metal tube livable.

Land After
28th Feb 2001, 03:38
If it's a 744, the front row of premium, upstairs. Loads of legroom, nice and quiet.

KYGMSY
1st Mar 2001, 01:29
How the hell can anyone afford a first class long haul flight !! I had a look on American Airlines website, they were looking for GBP 3000 LHR - JFK, BA wanted GBP 1600 LHR - SYD ( Both return and all in first class )

The Guvnor
3rd Mar 2001, 00:27
£1600 return LHR-SYD sounds like a bloody good deal to me! Sure you don't mean £16,000??

Try checking out the round the world fares - when I lived in South Africa, I used a combination of BA and SQ and for a First class ticket (including Concorde from LHR-JFK at an extra US$1,000) it came to US$5,000 or so.

Good deal or what!!!

Unwell_Raptor
3rd Mar 2001, 03:10
The best seat?

The upgrade, surely?

SixDemonBag
5th Mar 2001, 15:17
I can't believe this thread has gone this long without someone saying...'The two seats up in the cockpit! (giggle giggle)'..

...guess that shows you how rare it is to get those pest tech crew types in here?!

geardown3greens
5th Mar 2001, 16:12
The Sleeping Pax

You wouldn't by any chance, work for BA would you? NIGEL? Oh and by the way, Oxford Air Training Students have the answers to all the exams! They go B A C A A B A C A A B A C A A!!!!!!!

ANOpax
7th Mar 2001, 18:46
I'll second TSP's comments on Virgin. I have found their reputation undeserved. Undoubtedly competent, but nothing to rave about. I too have had some poor experiences on Virgin (upper class), one of which was due to ineffective ground staffing and a couple of others where the cabin crew were unhelpful and the service was no better than that on a charter flight.

Goldie
10th Mar 2001, 10:47
The best seat is the one that gets you there?

only1leftmate!
11th Mar 2001, 01:53
Purely personal opinion but,

the best seat I ever found belonged to a stewardess!