PDA

View Full Version : Who have another experience with Finnair?

CargoOne
19th Feb 2001, 14:50
So, I am flying with Finnair from time to time on their European destinations ex HEL.
1) Could anyone explain me for what I'am paying DOUBLE fee (in businees instead of ecomony) on HEL-TLL sector (20 minutes flight), operated mostly on ATR72? There is no difference in seats pitch, no difference between C and Y seats, their is no catering at all (only small chocolate, also served in C and Y as well).
2) Recently flown Finnair HEL-FRA-HEL, acft was MD82/82. Also no difference between C and Y seats, no hot meal on 2:30 sector! On the HEL-FRA sector they served only small piece of cold meal with salat. On the way back, they have served cold meal in much bigger portions. I was little surprised, but several minutes after serving the meal they have offered all passengers to fill Finnair's survey about quality of Finnair service!!! Again the point - no difference in catering between C and Y, both class passengers were offered to taste cognac and wisky... Again, I am was in trouble to determinate for what I was paying twice more comparing with Y-class.
3) On HEL-LHR service with A321 the seats and etc was good, but meal was VERY BAD, again and again.
4) The captain's speech on English was totally non-understandable by all pax.

Avman
19th Feb 2001, 16:06
It's not just Finnair though CargoOne. There are plenty more European airlines who are just as bad. Sad for Finnair though, because they used to have such a great reputation. My father flew regularly with them in the sixties and seventies and at that time he reckoned they were one of the best.

strix uralensis
20th Feb 2001, 16:52
cargo 1,
on flights such as hel-tll you donīt pay for the service, you pay for the flexibility of the fare you use, the most important being NO MINIMUM STAY requirement. yes, i know, in practice if you make a return trip to tallinn during the same day you donīt have a choice, full fare is the only fare youīll get.
finnairīs meals are what they are, i donīt start arquing as it doesnīt really matter but just name if you can one more comfortable narrow body aircraft than finnairīs new a-321s.
s.

CargoOne
21st Feb 2001, 16:43
strix uralensis

i agree with you ref hel-tll services.
ref 321... recently i have flown on AY HEL-LHR (a321) with the same day return on codeshare operated by BA (B757). to be honest, C-class leather seats in BA757 much more comfortable than textile C-class on A321. this fact adjusting the difference in noise comfort, were a321 is a superior. when we add better food and drinks on BA, it is not a question for me what airline i will choice on HEL-LHR-HEL flight (also, daytime flights operated by AY on MD82/82, which is disaster with its small overhead bins).

to be honest, i can not understand why AY a321 have no leather seats.