PDA

View Full Version : Ken Michie: Navy, BEAS, BHL

HOGE
3rd Mar 2010, 17:41
I have been asked to pass this on by Dave Winter.

For your information, Ken Michie, formerly Royal Navy, (where he was known as Arnfield-Michie), BEAS and Bristow Helicopters has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and the prognosis is very poor, with maybe a month or two at the most remaining.

His wife has asked that anybody who knows, or has worked with Ken in the past, and wishes to contact them, would be welcome to do so.

If you need contact details, please telephone Dave Winter on 01603 700461.

ifsknt
3rd Mar 2010, 20:34
That's very sad, Ken is one of life's gentlemen.

mtoroshanga
5th Mar 2010, 09:18
I am truly sorry to hear about Ken, I worked with him for many years and he was always a straight arrow in every way. One can only hope that he improves.

HOGE
15th Mar 2010, 11:44
Dear All,

For your information, Ken died peacefully Sunday Morning. Funeral arrangements will be announced in due course. Please contact Dave Winter if you need details.

ifsknt
16th Mar 2010, 01:57
Ken

Thanks for generously giving your experience to others
Thanks for being a great crew mate in the cockpit when we flew together.
Thanks for being so good humoured, laid back and a gentle person.
Latterly, thanks for helping out and always being flexible when you worked for me.

You were a gentleman Ken and it is with sadness that I learn of your passing.

HOGE
20th Mar 2010, 11:31
From Ken's son.

In memory of my father Ken Michie, we have set up a charity site for him and to further research the Alzheimer’s that killed him.

Ben michie is fundraising for Alzheimer's Research Trust - JustGiving (http://www.justgiving.com/ken-michie-rotorhead)