PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Premier service

Flame
9th Feb 2001, 05:29
Before I let people know my views on this Aer Lingus product..has anyone any views to share..?

The Sleeping Pax
9th Feb 2001, 16:51
Judging by your choice of introductry icon you didn't like it, so go ahead and let rip as to how awful it was!

--------------
wake me up when it's over

Flame
18th Feb 2001, 02:55
OK Guys;

My business involves travelling a lot throughout Europe and sometimes the USA. Over the past 3 or 4 years I have experienced the "C" class service on the following airlines...Aer Lingus, British Airways, Lufthansa, Swissair, Malev, SAS, Iberia, Alitalia, Sabena and Air France.

The Aer Lingus service is an absolute disgrace. Service is provided by staff that show no interest at all and always give the impression that you are bothering them by being there. The Number 1 or head hostess, on a number of flights have been seen doing little or nothing leaving all the work to junior staff. Food is tasteless and boring in appearence.

Contrast all this with the BA service, Interested staff, great food well presented and served with smiles or pleasent chat. In my experience with the listed airlines, not one can beat BA in Europe. The only place where Aer Lingus come out trumps is on the Atlantic..they are very good, but not excellent.

Sitting "down the back", Aer Lingus serves limp sandwiches on all European routes, while all the other airlines serve interesting and quality food..for those that know..Alitalia is superb in this respect.

If Aer Lingus does not sit up and take notice, when the dowside comes...and it will.! passengers will desert them in droves and rightly so

Silkman
19th Feb 2001, 17:54
Flame
I agree with your comments on EI.They have certainly lost their way over the last couple of years. Going back 5 or 6 years they used to be excellent but nowadays the staff don't give a stuff, the flts are late and service on board is poor.
I recently flew with BD from MAN-LHR and was upgraded.(which was nice !).From walking into the lounge at MAN until walking off the a/c at LHR was a pleasure. The meal on board was excellent, hot and tasty unfortunately i did'nt have time to finish it before we landed at LHR.
Another airline i feel have gone downhill a bit recently is Emirates. Compared to a couple of years ago the service and quality that i recently had was not great.
The airlines must give themselves these Best Airline awards i'm sure. Perhaps ppruners could vote for the best airlines.