PDA

View Full Version : Which Degree to take ?

theopsguy
2nd Mar 2010, 10:33
Bros, I need advise on which degree i shld take, SAA and SIM will be offering degree course for aviation management.

I have been working in the ops side for years and only hold a diploma. I enjoy working in the aviation industry and have decided to further study for a degree in aviation management.

I read abt some of the courses offered by SIM and SAA.These are the 2 courses. Which would be a better school by choice and a course that would be useful?
SAA Bachelor of Aviation Management (javascript:viewDetails(document.frmCourseSummary,%20'/servlet/saa.app.member.course.action.ViewCourseAction',%20'txtCourse Id',%20'2021'))
Singapore Aviation Academy (http://www.saa.com.sg/saa/en/Courses/Aviation_Management/index.html)

SIM B Eng Aerospace Systems* - (javascript:showGeneralPage('/WLP%20Repository/Programme/School%20of%20Science%20and%20Technology/BEngAerospaceSystems'))
http://cp.unisim.edu.sg:3000/degree/curriculum_plan?programme_id=339

:)

YankeeGolf
3rd Mar 2010, 11:44
Any Degree that you think will bring you a bigger paycheck is a good degree. Just dont get a Pilot License, conditions for flyers is going down south in a hurry, it is no more the High Paying, Secure Career, Legacy Airline, Retire with Pension kinda job anymore...sad but true :(

thornycactus
3rd Mar 2010, 13:36
Now, be careful of taking foreign academic Degree in Singapore.

There are lots of people have fallen into this pit hole and they signed up blindly for the degree course.

Now, Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is governing all foreign institutions set up in Singapore. This is a big thing and hot discussion issue in Singapore right now. :eek:

Those foreign degree courses which are ungoverned by SIT, may be not recognised.

Same goes to SAA, SIM, MDIS, PSB Academy and etc. These organisations will have to bare responsibilities if they do not comply with SIT. :D

1. M.O.E press release (http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2009/12/sit-board-named.php) [<- click]
2. Singapore Institute of Technology (http://www.singaporetech.edu.sg/) (S.I.T.) [<- click]

theopsguy, even though SAA is under CAAS's wing, it does not mean that their degree will be recognised. := Now, if SIM complies with SIT, on the safe side, their BEng degree will be hotcakes to employers.

Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is the 'in' thing in Singapore. They are setting up fast and controlling all foreign educational bodies in Singapore.

theopsguy
4th Mar 2010, 06:21
I have check out the SIT web, however they do not have a list of school of that is govern by SIT. hmm..

will give them a call to check it out. Thats a piece of very valuable info.
Thanks Bro !

NineVictor
5th Mar 2010, 05:12
No where or anywhere does it say that SIT is "governing all foreign institutions set up in Singapore". And SIT is certainly not in a position to decide what degree is recognised.

thornycactus
5th Mar 2010, 06:34
No where or anywhere does it say that SIT is "governing all foreign institutions set up in Singapore". And SIT is certainly not in a position to decide what degree is recognised.
1. S.I.T. is a government statutory board. I already said, it is a newly set-up in Singapore.

2. I do not think I need to convince you.

3. We shall wait and see.

NineVictor
7th Mar 2010, 15:56
Just because SIT is new and a statutory board, doesn't mean they are involved with "governing all foreign institutions set up in Singapore" :hmm:

If you are unable to support your statement, then it is best that you withdraw it :=

We cannot wait :D

overmars
8th Mar 2010, 03:16
*Grabbing popcorn and reclining my seat for a showdown*
:E

thornycactus
9th Mar 2010, 20:53
Just because SIT is new and a statutory board, doesn't mean they are involved with "governing all foreign institutions set up in Singapore"
Let you win!

If you are unable to support your statement, then it is best that you withdraw it
Why should I?

We shall wait and see.

NineVictor
29th Mar 2010, 00:46
How's the popcorn?