PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 737 Crashes Tanzania

Hell Man
2nd Mar 2010, 09:33
Air Tanzania's Boeing 737-200 Crashes — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4729630/)

reptile
2nd Mar 2010, 14:12
Not quite a crash Hell Man......

I'l think twice before opening any of your threads in future.

VarigMD11
2nd Mar 2010, 16:58
To give credit to Hellman, he didnt come up with the thread title, some guy on airliners.net did.

More like a gear problem on landing. Any more info?

lowbypass
2nd Mar 2010, 17:00
If I remember well, way back in 1998 a similar "crash" happened at the same airport, same airline and same aircraft type. PILOTS be aware landing during heavy rains...the runway/airport is situated in a valley RWY 30 being DOWNHILL, flash floods occur and if you happen to be at the I would call it terminal you would see buckets, pots, chiken and all sorts of debry heading towards the lake and the "river" is waist deep...the tower is almost 3 km to threshold RWY 30, now picture this, rain is falling, vis 2 km and at some location down the RWY water is waist deep and ALL you could get from tower at MINIMUMS (you have RWY IN SIGHT) IS "runway is wet"...next? you hit a knee high pond at 130 KTS

lowbypass
2nd Mar 2010, 17:08
If I remember well, way back in 1998 a similar "crash" happened at the same airport, same airline and same aircraft type. PILOTS be aware landing during heavy rains...the runway/airport is situated in a valley RWY 30 being DOWNHILL, flash floods occur and if you happen to be at the I would call it terminal you would see buckets, pots, chiken and all sorts of debry heading towards the lake and the "river" is waist deep...the tower is almost 3 km to threshold RWY 30, now picture this, rain is falling, vis 2 km and at some location down the RWY water is waist deep and ALL you could get from tower at MINIMUMS (you have RWY IN SIGHT) IS "runway is wet"...next? you hit a knee high pond at 130 KTS

Hell Man
2nd Mar 2010, 19:17
Reptile, I've re-titled the thread.

Varig, thanks for your support.